National Cathedral: Confederate Flag Windows Should Come Down
Video here

"The dean of the National Cathedral says Confederate flag images on the cathedral's stained glass windows should come down. News4's Derrick Ward reports.
Who cares.  :eyeroll:
(06-29-2015, 08:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Who cares.  :eyeroll:

Indeed. While their Cathedral (or "Cathedral") has a certain nice architectural design, the many ornaments there are a farce and a joke, like their "bishop"-ess.

N.
I agree, to a point.  If secular pressure can lead to a controversial portion of a Protestant place of worship being removed, what's to stop something similar from happening at the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception?  What if the pro-choice crowd were to, say, get images of Our Lady of Guadalupe classified as pro-life propaganda? 
(06-30-2015, 03:00 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: I agree, to a point.  If secular pressure can lead to a controversial portion of a Protestant place of worship being removed, what's to stop something similar from happening at the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception?  What if the pro-choice crowd were to, say, get images of Our Lady of Guadalupe classified as pro-life propaganda?

Sinc this recent SCOTUS decision there is going to be a concerted effort to eradicate religion from the public sphere. That means any images,steeples,stained glass, statues, memorials with crosses or crucifixes and perhaps even signs designating a building as a Church are eventually going to be forced to simply disappear. Ultimately the SCOTUS decision wasn't really about gays but about forwarding a totalitarian secularist vision wherein religious belief--- especially Christianity-- is effaced from the public sphere altogether.  This was always the one of the goals. Eventually even the mere sight of a steeple or a crucifix will be deemed offensive and destroyed.

Now anything can and will be used against us and those like us. The time to fight is over with this decision, now it's going to be about sheer survival. I think ultimately what will happen is we'll see a situation here not unlike that in China with a schismatic pseudo Catholic Church in league with the government ( and probably staffed by most of the USCCB) and an underground Church that still keeps the faith in hidden places and through back alley networking.  It'll be like the Catholics during the purge in England hiding in closets offering Mass.

At any rate I'm not a huge southern pride guy, but the confederate flag is not just about racism,it was and is a huge part of our southern American history. I'd prefer that it were left alone.