pope Francis in bolivia
Has anyone seeing the absolute ABOMINATION that went on on pope's visit to Bolivia?
Notice the blasphemy is not only what happens at 1:45, but is engraved in one of the medals the president put on the pope (I don't know if this is usual, but I don't like the idea of secular authorities putting stuff on the pope).

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Total blasphemy and the pope does nothing (just appear to be uncomfortable).

I'm kinda glad I'm not pope, because I'd have caused a major diplomatic crisis by saying a lot of expletives and would just leave the bloody place.

I'm confused. Were those Communist symbols in the first couple of minutes? The case and medal both contained what looked like the hammer and sickle. Whatever they were, I don't think I've ever seen the Pope look that somber before.

(07-09-2015, 11:24 AM)Share Love Wrote: I'm confused. Were those Communist symbols in the first couple of minutes? The case and medal both contained what looked like the hammer and sickle. Whatever they were, I don't think I've ever seen the Pope look that somber before.

Yes one of the things given to the pope was a crucifix with made from a hammer and sickle and the Pope denied it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-09-2015, 11:46 AM)DeoDuce Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 11:24 AM)Share Love Wrote: I'm confused. Were those Communist symbols in the first couple of minutes? The case and medal both contained what looked like the hammer and sickle. Whatever they were, I don't think I've ever seen the Pope look that somber before.

Yes one of the things given to the pope was a crucifix with made from a hammer and sickle and the Pope denied it

That is so wrong. :/

(07-09-2015, 11:54 AM)Share Love Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 11:46 AM)DeoDuce Wrote:

That is so wrong. :/

Yes very much so

Yikes. Although, if it wasn't coming from who it was coming from, I would have thought it as a criticism of communism, albeit in an inappropriate way (ie communism crucifies Christ and His Body).

FWIW, some news sites are reporting that when it is first shown to him and he shakes his head and says something, he is saying "No está bien eso" (That is not right). But either way, they got the image they wanted.

I think the message behind the crucifix is that Christ suffers alongside the exploited industrial laborers and peasants of this world. That is certainly true, but given the history of these symbols in the 20th Century, it is really not appropriate, much less as a gift to the Holy Father.  But I do not think this is necessarily a blasphemous image.

After all, the Holy Father's favorite painting is Chagall's White Crucifixion, which appropriates Christian imagery in order to condemn the persecution of European Jewry.
(07-09-2015, 12:43 PM)Cyriacus Wrote: I think the message behind the crucifix is that Christ suffers alongside the exploited industrial laborers and peasants of this world. That is certainly true, but given the history of these symbols in the 20th Century, it is really not appropriate, much less as a gift to the Holy Father.  But I do not think this is necessarily a blasphemous image.

After all, the Holy Father's favorite painting is Chagall's White Crucifixion, which appropriates Christian imagery in order to condemn the persecution of European Jewry.

Eye-roll I'm sorry, but if this isn't blasphemous then nothing is.
Not a bad day, first he receives a blasphemous symbol of an ideology responsible for over 100 million deaths, making a great photo-op for those still deluded by this ideology.

Then he apologizes for the "so-called conquest of the Americas" (while mentioning nothing of the millions of people that had been and were being slaughtered via human sacrifice in the noble indigenous cultures before Cortes landed).

Well, all sympathy I gathered for the pope just disappeared over the last two days.

What's his deal, talking to people who hate the Church asking forgiveness for imagined crimes?

Isn't it sad when your major source of scandal is your own pastor?