No Priest
Good morning / Good evening everyone! Firstly sorry if I do not post to the right place!
I saw this on another forum. There is no priest in his town.;

So here I come to you because I bought the Bible of Jerusalem recently. The only concern I have is that a part of me want to believe and not another, it's complicated enough to be torn between the two sides ...
I would love went to church, the only problem is that the church of my town has no priest, and in any Christians in my city that are going to look good and it would have bothered me enough.
I know another church the only problem is that it is in another city and I have no car to go, so I'll have to find on my own faith.
Do other people were in my case? If so could you tell me your background / history. Thank you .AilenderCivis

http://www.cite-catholique.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38339

Any suggestions?
Any suggestions to help this person?
I'm a little bit thick, I don't understand what they're asking.  If it's that there's no priest in their parish I'd write to the local bishop and ask for one to at least visit.  In the meantime, read the Epistle and Gospel on Sundays and Holy Days (at least). If it's that they want to become Catholic, but there's no priest to receive them...I'm not sure what to do.  It's not like they can baptise themselves...
(08-01-2015, 09:55 AM)dcmaccabees Wrote: I'm a little bit thick, I don't understand what they're asking.  If it's that there's no priest in their parish I'd write to the local bishop and ask for one to at least visit.  In the meantime, read the Epistle and Gospel on Sundays and Holy Days (at least). If it's that they want to become Catholic, but there's no priest to receive them...I'm not sure what to do.  It's not like they can baptise themselves...
He is saying that there is no Catholic priest in the town in which he lives and the next closest city where there is a priest is too far and too expensive for him to go there. 
I would suggest he contact the priest in the next town. He might be able to visit the town this person lives or put him in touch with other people that might be able to help.
Pray the Divine Office either online or with a hardcopy. If you're more Eastern get a psalter and something like the Old Believer Prayerbook or the Jordanville, but if more Western get a Monastic Diurnal or whatever else you can afford. The Office follows the rhythm of the liturgical year like nothing else so it'll keep you in sync even without access to a priest. The old believers kept their traditions alive for centuries without priests, as did some of the Japanese Catholics.

You should try to get to a priest whenever you are able but the Office will help immensely in the meantime.