Sr. Blandina and my neice
Sister Blandina was a nun in the current Diocese of Santa Fe who's cause is being investigated.  Well, it turns out that the case of my little niece's cure is one of her miracles!

From Patheos:

Quote:In order to be beatified – one step away from canonization – there needs to be proof of an otherwise – inexplicable miracle brought about through that person’s intercession. There are several possible examples of this being explored, which makes those petitioning for Sr. Blandina hopeful that her cause will advance quickly.

“We know of a baby that was born prematurely with a malfunctioning valve in the heart and collapsed lungs,” Sanchez said. “This family immediately contacted us, said they were praying the Sr. Blandina novena for the baby. The doctors had very little hope for the baby living, but four days later they couldn’t find the problem in the heart, it was as if it didn’t exist to begin with. Doctors are saying it’s inexplicable, so we’re pursuing that, there’s many stories like that that are being pursued to see if Sr. Blandina was involved.”
(08-02-2015, 05:28 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: Sister Blandina was a nun in the current Diocese of Santa Fe who's cause is being investigated.  Well, it turns out that the case of my little niece's cure is one of her miracles!

From Patheos:

Quote:In order to be beatified – one step away from canonization – there needs to be proof of an otherwise – inexplicable miracle brought about through that person’s intercession. There are several possible examples of this being explored, which makes those petitioning for Sr. Blandina hopeful that her cause will advance quickly.

“We know of a baby that was born prematurely with a malfunctioning valve in the heart and collapsed lungs,” Sanchez said. “This family immediately contacted us, said they were praying the Sr. Blandina novena for the baby. The doctors had very little hope for the baby living, but four days later they couldn’t find the problem in the heart, it was as if it didn’t exist to begin with. Doctors are saying it’s inexplicable, so we’re pursuing that, there’s many stories like that that are being pursued to see if Sr. Blandina was involved.”

Article Wrote:"For her to be called ‘venerable’, we just have to prove her heroic virtue, and we’re hoping we’ll be ready to present that to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops for a vote in their November or spring meeting,” he said.
Can someone explain to me exactly what the USCCB has to do with a Cause for Canonisation?
It doesn't.  The tribunal is a diocesan one.  It'd go to the Roman stage after that. 

Not sure why the article is talking about the USCCB.  Maybe that's where they'll announce the official findings?