From the Remnant, by Hilary White on the PP videos
Read the whole article here: http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/web/inde...t-stuff-do

My friend, Hilary White has written one of the saddest, most ironic articles I've ever read. My emphasis supplied.

Quote:You know, there are times when I wish the real world were less like satire. I wrote the following fictional news piece as a joke with a friend, a fellow journalist, on Facebook as we were anticipating (still waiting, by the way) the official response from the USCCB on the ongoing revelations of the Planned Parenthood videos.

The appalling ghastliness of the videos revealing the world’s largest abortionist organisation’s baby-parts business, I felt, made the usual bland, boilerplate, bishopspeak rhetoric seem even more absurd and outrageous than usual. We were having a good (though somewhat grim) laugh, lowering, en-blanding and enfeebling the tone with each revision. Sorry if it seems an odd way of relaxing. Gallows humour is a well-documented phenomenon among journalists:

Her satire:

Quote:(Washington, D.C.) Bishops in the United States have taken to heart Pope Francis’ merciful and holistic approach to life issues, emphasizing the importance of raising the minimum for workers, while refusing to “obsess” over abortion. Despite attempts by anti-abortion advocates to distract from social issues by releasing heavily edited videos of Planned Parenthood doctors discussing life-saving tissue donations, at a press conference, the bishops kept the focus on low-income workers, pointing to a letter they have issued to Congress demanding action.

Responding to persistent questioning about the Planned Parenthood videos, a spokesman for the US Bishops’ conference expressed concern about the content of the videos and the method of obtaining them, saying they are concerned that there are some elements in the pro-life movement care more “about a ‘gotcha’ moment, winning a rhetorical war against a major ideological opponent.”

"We are worried that the release of these videos could give the impression that people who call themselves ‘pro-life’ really don't care about women, particularly those who have themselves suffered the tragedy of abortion. How many women, even if they don’t see the videos, will be triggered, re-traumatized by hearing people talk about abortion?” the bishops’ spokesman told media today.

He emphasized that the US Bishops offer a number of programs for counseling for women who might be traumatized by talk of the videos. “If we are truly ‘pro-life’ we must not focus solely on fetuses, but turn our attention to the whole interconnected complex of life issues, including maternal care, jobs for young people, just wages, and care for creation and our common home.”

And Sean, Cardinal O'Malley's actual statement:

Quote:In the middle of all this fun and frivolity, someone sent me the full text of the comment from Sean Cardinal O’Malley, the archbishop of Boston and a member of Pope Francis’ privy council of nine cardinals. Suddenly, our just-for-fun parody wasn’t as funny:

Pope Francis has called abortion the product of a widespread mentality of profit, the throwaway culture, which has today enslaved the hearts and minds of so many. The recent news stories concerning Planned Parenthood direct our attention to two larger issues involving many institutions in our society. The first is abortion itself: a direct attack on human life in its most vulnerable condition. The second is the now standard practice of obtaining fetal organs and tissues though abortion. Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life. This fact should be the center of attention in the present public controversy.

If the Planned Parenthood news coverage has caused anyone to experience revived trauma from their own involvement in abortion, be assured that any and all persons will be welcomed with compassion and assistance though the Church’s post-abortion healing ministry, Project Rachel. If you or someone you know would like confidential, nonjudgmental help, please visit [Project Rachel website].

“Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life…” For some reason, the image popped into my mind of a sound engineer in a recording studio, saying to the good cardinal in his humble Franciscan habit, “That was great, your eminence. Can we do it once more, and this time get it a little more monotone? I think we could go a little more bland…”
This article was what actually started me thinking of the souls of the women who had comitted the sin of abortion.  That is why I started the thread about the souls of those involved in abortion.
I cannot take anything Cdl. O'Malley has to say seriously.
I'm still waiting, along with Miss White, for an official statement from USCCB!