Live the Fatima Message! It is Imperative...
Hmm....Not sure what to make of that, as the whole Fatima thing plays little to no role in my (Eastern Catholic) spiritual life.  Looks like a fascinating movie, though.
What's interesting is that the two cities bombed had the two largest Catholic populations. Conspiracy theories say that this was part of why they were chosen. Truman was a Masonic grand master.
(08-07-2015, 04:11 PM)GangGreen Wrote: What's interesting is that the two cities bombed had the two largest Catholic populations. Conspiracy theories say that this was part of why they were chosen. Truman was a Masonic grand master.

Don't you just love conspiracy theories  :O :grin: ????
I imagine there have been quite a few true, successful conspiracies over the centuries.  There have probably been some that were so complex and so carefully executed that even the most creative conspiracy theorists who aren't in on them can't even begin to imagine them.  I guess the best thing to do is trust that God won't put us in a situation where we will certainly lose our souls and have no choice in the matter.  We may lose our bodies, we may be heavily tempted, but we can still be holy and be saved.  God is stronger than evil, and complete love for Him, and complete trust and hope in Him will lead to the salvation of our souls.
With today being the Feast of St. Dominic (in the new calendar), and this thread being here about the message of Fatima, it's a great day to pray the Rosary! St. Dominic is well known for his devotion and spreading of the Rosary. St. Dominic pray for us!
(08-07-2015, 04:11 PM)GangGreen Wrote: What's interesting is that the two cities bombed had the two largest Catholic populations. Conspiracy theories say that this was part of why they were chosen. Truman was a Masonic grand master.

Whilst it's true that Truman (and his predecessor, FDR) were high ranking Masons, the reason  Hiroshima and Nagasaki were chosen was that they were the only large cities that were not already bombed out. The US wanted to clearly show the effects of their new weapon, so these two were selected.

The reason that the US had not yet bombed them was because they were large centres of Catholicism