Head of CDF warns of a split as big as the Reformation
(09-07-2015, 10:08 AM)GangGreen Wrote: I am curious as to how such a split would occur. I'd wager one side would be the liberal Church and another the traditional Church. Would there be two popes? Would one side bring Benedict XVI out of retirement? Who would get the buildings and clergy? Would each priest just pick a side? Scary times indeed.

The Palace of the Popes is vacant in Avignon and the SSPX have already successfully occupied some churches so.....Just an idea.  :grin:

I think this would be great. The media would go crazy, suddenly everyone would be int rested in the crisis of the Church, wishy-washy people would be forced to take sides and actually think about what's going on. It would be good to have the whole world talking about something besides ISIS and gay marriage. The Church has already gone through these sorts breaks and disputes before, so we know that the won't be the end of her. Maybe that's just what re-birth looks like.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Head of CDF warns of a split as big as the Reformation - by xandratax - 09-08-2015, 02:14 AM