question in regards to sexual temptation
Earlier today I was at a meeting somewhere because I needed to purchase something. (Yes I know we shouldn't be shopping on Sundays to begin with) but this in regards to a car purchase and we didn't pay anything today, we should filed the paperwork. Nevertheless as I was in the meeting the person who was attending me was a very attractive women. As I was being attended I obviously noted her beauty right away but I quickly found myself in a very intense sexual temptation for the minutes that I was being attended. Some of these impure thoughts came in regards to her while I felt tempted.

I will bring this up in Confession tomorrow (God willing). The question I have is in regards to an incident that happened while I was being tempted. I did not give in to any other sin besides impure thoughts (including masturbation or fornication). However during this temptation I did feel like I was getting a bit "wet" in the sense of what often happens during these types of sins. I suffer from scrupulosity so I am not entirely sure if this is a particular thing that I need to bring up in Confession. From what I know this is not something that should be brought up since I did not actually will either of these two types of sins or actually do them, I was just going through an intense sexual temptation.

I am also sorry if this post is in anyway a near occasion of sin for anyone, I did not intend for it to be so I honestly just wanted advise on this particular incident.

That being said please also do keep me in your prayers since I have felt being tempted in many regards in general
My understanding is that unless you knowingly and purposefully lingered on the sexual thoughts then you did not commit a mortal sin and you may not have commited a sin at all if it was just temptation. A mortal sin requires grave matter, full knowledge of its sinfulness, and deliberate consent. It doesn't seem like you willingly gave in to the temptation and so it might just be a venial sin, you thus probabally don't NEED to confess it but you should still mention it to your confessor as it will help you combat such temptation later.
I will pray for you, pray for me as well.  :)
Its not a sin when something in your body happens without you willing it. Likewise, a passing image (a "thought") is not a sin if you don't consent to it.
Scupoli (btw, read his book, spiritual combat) says, in regard to impure thoughts, if we're uncertain if we consented to it or not to just, at once, put it out of our mind, for its a trick of the devil to take away our peace and make us lukewarm. In this case just mention to your director without dwelling on it.
Also, remember the rule of thumb for scrupulous people: if you cannot swear you sinned mortally you probably didn't.

Finally, if interacting with a professional woman causes this sort of thing, you should probably check if there isn't habitual sin somewhere.
(09-20-2015, 11:02 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Its not a sin when something in your body happens without you willing it. Likewise, a passing image (a "thought") is not a sin if you don't consent to it.
Scupoli (btw, read his book, spiritual combat) says, in regard to impure thoughts, if we're uncertain if we consented to it or not to just, at once, put it out of our mind, for its a trick of the devil to take away our peace and make us lukewarm. In this case just mention to your director without dwelling on it.
Also, remember the rule of thumb for scrupulous people: if you cannot swear you sinned mortally you probably didn't.

Finally, if interacting with a professional woman causes this sort of thing, you should probably check if there isn't habitual sin somewhere.

Thanks for the advise and suggestions.

I will definitely check if there is a particular circumstance in my life that is causing these types of thoughts.