DragonBall Z Liturgical Dance
LOL:

That took me back. :lol:

Thankfully we have been spared of the liturgical dance nonsense in Denmark.
Iv never heard of a liturgical dance but it looked like garbage.  But I do like me some DBz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found this to be an appropriate comparison LOL

Didn't know we had other DBZ fans in here.
With liturgical dances I always have the feeling that they primarily appeal to homosexual, effeminate priests.
Dance is not necessarily an effeminate, frou-frou affair. It is very primal, and dance has long been an expression of man's spirituality. Think of everything from the Indian tribes and whirling dervishes to Hasidic dances of worshipful joy. The criticism of opponents of the Hasidic movement indicates that the early Hasidim once danced even during prayers.

Rather than being passive consumers of culture with earbuds in our ears and eyes fixed on a screen, we need to actively move, dance, and sing joyously.  But we shouldn't pervert our own tradition by pandering. It should be done outside of the mass, rather than infecting liturgical life with arbitrary whimsy.
Pope Benedict XVI says

Quote:Dancing is not a form of expression for the Christian liturgy. In about the third century, there was an attempt in certain Gnostic-Docetic circles to introduce it into the liturgy. For these people, the Crucifixion was only an appearance. Before the Passion, Christ had abandoned the body that in any case he had never really assumed. Dancing could take the place of the liturgy of the Cross, because, after all, the Cross was only an appearance. The cultic dances of the different religions have different purposes—incantation, imitative magic, mystical ecstasy—none of which is compatible with the essential purpose of the liturgy of the “reasonable sacrifice” [the logike latreia which he spoke of before, referring back to S. Paul]. It is totally absurd to try to make liturgy “attractive” by introducing dancing pantomimes, which end with applause (…) Such attractiveness fades quickly—it cannot compete in the market of leisure pursuits, incorporating as it increasingly does various forms of religious titillation. (…) None of the Christian rites includes dancing.

I agree with you about we being way too passive consumers. Haven't St. Louis Montfort (or was it the Curé d'Ars?) that said their modern dancing was leading people into hell? By the same token I think we should be more critical of the newer forms of art, or, more broadly, of entertainment. They are not simply neuter actions we sometimes engage in, but are a liturgy themselves--sometimes in an explicitly, gross way (especially what competes with God on Sundays).
But I don't really see how one can incorporate dancing into Christian spirituality. We don't need to do violence to our own heritage in order to not be passive consumers, while in fact blindly accepting foreign inculturation would make of us consumers.
I would take the Ginyu force any day over liturgical dancers. In fact, I'll take Frieza any day over the liturgical dancers.
If there are to be dancing that is Church-related, it should be done outside the Mass.