Cardinal Danneels Admits to Being Part of 'Mafia' Club Opposed to Benedict XVI
This article makes me sick to my stomach, poor Pope Benedict to be surrounded by monsters:

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pe...nedict-xvi

Thread juxtaposition:
"Cardinal Danneels Admits to Being Part of "Mafia" Club Opposed to Benedict XVI"
"Mafia Not Welcome"

Unfortunately, his mafia appears to be all too welcome.
(09-25-2015, 12:52 PM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: Thread juxtaposition:
"Cardinal Danneels Admits to Being Part of "Mafia" Club Opposed to Benedict XVI"
"Mafia Not Welcome"

I had the same thoughts. Creepy.
To some extend I'm glad that I don't live in Belgium anymore. Admittedly there's a good number of Tridentine Masses there, mainly due to the influence of French Traditionalism there. But in the rest of the Church the situation is truly, truly horrible. Whereas in most European churches the bishops failed to launch serious attacks on abortion due to 'simple' cowardice, in the Belgian Church the clergy just didn't believe in life-starting-at-conception so refused to protest. It truly didn't and doesn't give a rat's *ss about anything said by Tradition on any subject.

I'll leave it at that. As I said I'm glad not to live there anymore. Too much anger could have consumed the faith I converted to when living there. Thank God for the Priestly Society of St. Pius X and Opus Dei for preaching me the full Gospel and introducing me to Confession and the Sacrifice of Mass.
(09-25-2015, 01:15 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 12:52 PM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: Thread juxtaposition:
"Mafia Not Welcome"

I had the same thoughts. Creepy.

What? I had the same thought as both you guys  ???  :O

Anyway, disgusting. Maybe that's why these guys have so much power now--they elected the pope. And why are they doing this? Is it really about money? Frankly, this desire to liberalize the Church is starting to sound very sinister to me, more sinister than the ol' mammon worship.
(09-25-2015, 01:24 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: Anyway, disgusting. Maybe that's why these guys have so much power now--they elected the pope. And why are they doing this? Is it really about money? Frankly, this desire to liberalize the Church is starting to sound very sinister to me, more sinister than the ol' mammon worship.

Yeah, I don't get the motive either.  :shrug:  Cardinal Danneels, for example, was ordained in 1957--he chose to give his life to the Church as it was then. What happened to him in the meantime?

Anyway, God has a way of turning these kinds of things on their head to make them work for good (e.g. Joseph in Genesis, Christ Himself, etc.)--it's why He permits evil in the first place, according to St. Augustine.
(09-25-2015, 01:43 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: Yeah, I don't get the motive either.  :shrug:  Cardinal Danneels, for example, was ordained in 1957--he chose to give his life to the Church as it was then. What happened to him in the meantime?

Judas was ordained bishop by Christ. What happened between ordination and betrayal?

With men like Danneels the idea of Satan taking possession of him should be taken seriously.
(09-25-2015, 02:01 PM)Catlick Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 01:43 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: Yeah, I don't get the motive either.  :shrug:  Cardinal Danneels, for example, was ordained in 1957--he chose to give his life to the Church as it was then. What happened to him in the meantime?

Judas was ordained bishop by Christ. What happened between ordination and betrayal?

With men like Danneels the idea of Satan taking possession of him should be taken seriously.

At least Judas had some possible discernible motive, like greed.  As Renatus mentioned, that doesn't seem to be the case here.  I don't see any temporal gain to be had.  In any case, it's sad to see princes of the Church acting like this.
This is a big part of what Fatima  and Akita and OL La Salette warned of. 

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[Image: 11988458_10153334872603884_7745016249306...e=5690178A]

Here is what two of my relatives have posted on Facebook.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.