Pope's Address to Congress - Video and Transcript
(09-27-2015, 04:47 PM)J Michael Wrote: I, too, was referring to his language skills.  Look, if I were to try to give a speech these days in Hebrew and noticed people in my audience nodding off, I'd just have to laugh at myself.  And if someone else commented about how bad my Hebrew was (is, anymore) what reason would I or anyone else have to take any kind of offense?  What's uncharitable about speaking the truth, even bluntly,  about Frank's language skills?  As for prayers, well, that's true--he needs all our prayers.  As do all the rest of us need all our prayers! Smile

Are you seriously comparing your (or our) needs for prayer with that of the Holy Father? We are really not that important, the Pope, on the other hand, well, I don't think we can even imagine his temptations. One confessor once said to me to think on that and that our own failings are secret, while his are open for all the world.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope's Address to Congress - Video and Transcript - by Renatus Frater - 09-27-2015, 06:59 PM