Rock Star Pope
Okay, folks, are you ready for this?  Coming Nov. 27!!  Yip--eee.  Or, rather...Oy Vey!
pope francis and fratello metallo world tour?
Wake me up from this nightmare!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I guess I've stopped caring about the pope and the papacy for the most part, as both the man and the office have become absurd and farcical in the extreme, but this is on a whole new level! As if post conciliar Catholicism couldn't get any cheesier...
I think we already know that T'googlio  Monster is a sock-puppet in the Sesame Street of a worldwide publicity stunt selling a curious mixture of Materialism and Christianity.
(09-27-2015, 12:28 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I guess I've stopped caring about the pope and the papacy for the most part, as both the man and the office have become absurd and farcical in the extreme, but this is on a whole new level! As if post conciliar Catholicism couldn't get any cheesier...

I was at the local NOM a few weeks ago and the deacon preaching who can't do a homily without mentioning how fluffy and wonderful Francis is.  He was talking about the ABC talk and greet that he had before he came to the states.  He mentioned how some people may view it as cheesy and the deacon said well that is the culture.  Cheese is the last thing we need more of these days.  When I was a novice, we were telling an 80+ priest about how many younger people are wanting to hear things like the old Mass or music.  He dismissed it like the pope as a trend.  I guess priests ordained in the 60s and 70s are irony impaired.  But to be fair, didn't Leo XIII do a recording or something when the phonograph came out.  Some people will argue that at least he is trying to reach out to different peoples through their mediums and language, I just don't know what his end game is.  I may be a microcosm of the whole human race, but all I want honesty, simplicity, order, and above all faith in the faith of the Fathers.   
(09-27-2015, 12:28 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I guess I've stopped caring about the pope and the papacy for the most part, as both the man and the office have become absurd and farcical in the extreme, but this is on a whole new level! As if post conciliar Catholicism couldn't get any cheesier...

This pretty much sums it up for me too.
Oy, vey.
(09-27-2015, 04:19 AM)Oldavid Wrote: I think we already know that T'googlio  Monster is a sock-puppet in the Sesame Street of a worldwide publicity stunt selling a curious mixture of Materialism and Christianity.

Well, as the saying goes, "Any publicity is good publicity." Eye-roll  But this kinda makes me want to puke.  The Catholic Church has never looked, to me, less appealing than since Frankie boy ascended the papal throne.  And it just keeps going from bad to worse....

From Willie Wonka to Funky Bleats Frankie and the Cheese Factory....
[Image: 920x920.jpg]
We must follow the Catholic Faith and this even includes the Pope , we must obey him when he defines matters of FAITH and MORALS and have a respect for his office of PETER, we must not make an idol of his personality