Rock Star Pope
This seems exactly like the album with St. John Paul II released in 1999, which was speeches of his with a variety background music, as well as some classic hymns and chant.  Benedict XVI also had a similar album, although he actually sang on his and it was mostly classical music of course.

(09-27-2015, 02:44 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 04:19 AM)Oldavid Wrote: I think we already know that T'googlio  Monster is a sock-puppet in the Sesame Street of a worldwide publicity stunt selling a curious mixture of Materialism and Christianity.

Well, as the saying goes, "Any publicity is good publicity." Eye-roll  But this kinda makes me want to puke.  The Catholic Church has never looked, to me, less appealing than since Frankie boy ascended the papal throne.  And it just keeps going from bad to worse....
That's almost interesting, Mickey boy.

I recon that because there are (and have been) proper dud popey-things even before the recent gaggle, it should be the a compelling indication that the Church has a Divine founder and protector.

Oops! I'm getting carried away with my pet hates and loves.
(09-28-2015, 11:21 AM)Oldavid Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 02:44 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 04:19 AM)Oldavid Wrote: I think we already know that T'googlio  Monster is a sock-puppet in the Sesame Street of a worldwide publicity stunt selling a curious mixture of Materialism and Christianity.

Well, as the saying goes, "Any publicity is good publicity." Eye-roll  But this kinda makes me want to puke.  The Catholic Church has never looked, to me, less appealing than since Frankie boy ascended the papal throne.  And it just keeps going from bad to worse....
That's almost interesting, Mickey boy.

I recon that because there are (and have been) proper dud popey-things even before the recent gaggle, it should be the a compelling indication that the Church has a Divine founder and protector.

Oops! I'm getting carried away with my pet hates and loves.

"Mickey boy"??  Huh? LOL 

I don't think that there's any question, amongst believers at least, that the Church has a Divine founder and protector.  And, given some of the goings-on at and from the Vatican and some of its upper echelon inhabitants, He's had His work cut for Him. Smile  (Wait a minute....have I just said the same thing you did but in other words? Shocked Huh? Shocked Grin)
(09-28-2015, 12:37 PM)J Michael Wrote: "Mickey boy"??  Huh? LOL 

I don't think that there's any question, amongst believers at least, that the Church has a Divine founder and protector.  And, given some of the goings-on at and from the Vatican and some of its upper echelon inhabitants, He's had His work cut for Him. Smile  (Wait a minute....have I just said the same thing you did but in other words? Shocked Huh? Shocked Grin)
Ah yes!! You are quite right! I meant to say Mr. J Mickeley-boy.

I think that almost from the beginning the true beauty of the Mystical Body is in the ordinary people.

However, some of them are nutty (whether by purpose or accident).

As some wise old bod in my youth said: the mere fact that the Church still exists in spite of 2000 years of human perversity suggests some Divine operation.
(09-28-2015, 01:34 PM)Oldavid Wrote:
(09-28-2015, 12:37 PM)J Michael Wrote: "Mickey boy"??  Huh? LOL 

Ah yes!! You are quite right! I meant to say Mr. J Mickeley-boy.

I think that almost from the beginning the true beauty of the Mystical Body is in the ordinary people.

However, some of them are nutty (whether by purpose or accident).

As some wise old bod in my youth said: the mere fact that the Church still exists in spite of 2000 years of human perversity suggests some Divine operation.

Now you've done it, Mr. OldieDavie! Grin  You've just, with a few insignificant additions or changes, reiterated what I reiterated of your initial iteration on this matter.  (And I'm one of those who are nutty accidentally on purpose  Grin Huh?.)
Ah! Y' daft git!

Purpose means them that don't want it even though they have opportunity.

Accident means them that wanted it but never had the opportunity.