Pope Francis met with Kim Davis?
Reports coming out that Pope Francis met privately with Kim Davis at the Vatican embassy while he was here in the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/lawyer...with-pope/

Maybe he is having a Pius IX moment? 
YES! Vatican has confirmed but won't say anything else. NC Fishwrap is in despair and disarray, liberal media furious with pope.
Loving it!!!
" When word of the private meeting first emerged, a Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Ciro Benedettini, seemed reluctant to confirm it happened.
“The Holy See is aware of the reports of Kim Davis meeting with the Holy Father,” Benedettini said. “The Vatican does not confirm the meeting, nor does it deny the meeting. There will be no further information given.”
Then, hours later, Benedettini elaborated: “I do not deny that the meeting took place, but I will not comment on it further.”
http://nypost.com/2015/09/30/kim-davis-l...e-francis/

C.
Vatican back-tracking on this:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/01/v...cky-clerk/

Was this a set up by the nuncio?  Did Pope Francis change his tune after he saw the negative backlash? 
Pope Francis supports Kim Davis' resistance to gay marriage.
:) :) :)
(10-02-2015, 11:29 PM)Poche Wrote: Pope Francis supports Kim Davis' resistance to gay marriage.
:) :) :)

*buzzer sound*

Nope.

Quote:The Vatican turned the tables on the Kim Davis affair Friday: Not only did it distance Pope Francis from her claims that he endorsed her stand on same-sex marriage, it said the only "real audience" Francis had in Washington was with a small group that included a gay couple.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-kim-da...-1.3253690
If you read the statement carefully, it remains ambiguous I think:
                        "The pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects." Not in all but it is possible to read an implied "some" in there.
John L. Allen reads it that way too. He said:  " liberals will take a maximal reading of the statement, suggesting the pope has disavowed Davis, while conservatives will argue it simply means Francis hasn’t written her a blank check. Perhaps intentionally, the brief text could lend itself to either interpretation. "

C.
(10-03-2015, 10:15 PM)Cetil Wrote: If you read the statement carefully, it remains ambiguous I think:
                        "The pope did not enter into the details of the situation of Mrs. Davis and his meeting with her should not be considered a form of support of her position in all of its particular and complex aspects." Not in all but it is possible to read an implied "some" in there.
John L. Allen reads it that way too. He said:  " liberals will take a maximal reading of the statement, suggesting the pope has disavowed Davis, while conservatives will argue it simply means Francis hasn’t written her a blank check. Perhaps intentionally, the brief text could lend itself to either interpretation. "

C.

I read that today. Made me kinda sad. Looks like the Vatican cannot do one single right thing without effusively apologizing later.
(10-03-2015, 10:15 PM)Cetil Wrote: If you read the statement carefully, it remains ambiguous I think:

C.
He did say, "thank you for your courage."
(10-08-2015, 10:58 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote:

C.

I read that today. Made me kinda sad. Looks like the Vatican cannot do one single right thing without effusively apologizing later.
The Vatican is always making these denials. I remember when John Paul II was showing obvious signs of parkinsons disease and the Vatican was issuing denials.