Incorruptibles and relics
So I'm reading the book "The Incorruptibles" by Joan Carroll Cruz, and it's prompting more questions as I go along.

Why did the Church keep digging up these people???? Some of these bodies were dug up 2, 3, 4 or more times, translocated, having digits or limbs removed as relics, etc.

Why did we do this, and how does this jive with the Catholic teaching of the way we're supposed to repose a body?
Humans are curious things.

It seems that Theresa of Avila and Thomas Aquinas were chopped up for souvenirs for important people.

Tom's right hand was apparently sent to his sister who was a nun somewhere. (A bit gruesome!)

It would be interesting to know if the bits and pieces remained incorrupt or if they eventually went the way of all flesh.
The veneration of relics has to do with the communioin of saints. All of us by our baptism are united in Christ. Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. He who eats of my flesh will never die." This unity with Christ continues even after we die because even then we are alive.
Look at how people treat rock stars and and movie stars. They all want a piece of them. Well why not so with the saints. These pieces of tehm which we have in our churches and chapels are reminders of their presence in unity with us as we go through our lives. We can tell them our problems and ask for their intercession. And who knows? Sometimes there are miracles associated with their intercession.