Advice?
So as some of you know I'm a 23 year old and about the graduate college. Iv recently been pondering marriage since many of my friends are getting engaged. However I have been struggling because of my world view. All my friends are secular for the most part and I watch many of them get walked all over by there significant other. I am worried I will never find a wife. I would really like to get married and have a family one day, hopefully not to far into the future but idk how to go about finding someone who aligns with my views from my generation. I have met people on forums and social media who are similar to me but I have yet to meet someone in real life. most women I meet are very modern. When people find out I'm a traditionalist and hold old world views on gender roles and the role of families it seems to be a huge issues for them. Does anyone have any advice? Are there any groups or anything I could join to meet like minded women? I want to stay positive that I will eventually find someone, but at the same time I know I'm a extremely small minority in my generation and people are only getting less and less pious and more and more liberal. I don't want to despair. Advice would be great! God Bless 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't despair. My husband and I met online the day after this 30th birthday.
LOL, welcome to the club.
The fact is, there's only a limited amount of happiness in the world, and some people are hoarding it.

Seriously, though, my advice is: don't compromise, and yet don't be too rigid. So the girl doesn't use skirt 24 hours a day, every day of the week? That doesn't mean she's a slut. But marriage is a serious thing, and we should think if this is the person we should be with the rest of our lives, who we are going to change diapers when she is 90 years old or stuff like that, and who will be our partners in sanctification, etc. As an opus dei priest said, it's an utter joke to think that a priest studies eight years in seminary to be a priest (and is hardly prepared by that alone) and, on the other hand, people think they can just waltz into a marriage.

Also remember, if you're called to marriage, God will provide. Pray for it, pray for the intercession of our lady, saints, etc. Of course, this is just the first step, but a healthy trust in providence should always be present. Not to mention, search first the Kingdom of God, and all the rest shall be added to you.

Deoduce,
Neither comprise nor close yourself off to where God leads. Pray for your vocation and for Gods plan for your life to be made clear then just follow that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly dude, find something you are passionate about other than getting married and do that full time. The media and pop culture are worse than heroin for the female ego and the odds of that Mardi Gras gone wild ending anytime soon are so small that the sun imploding are more likely. If you really want to find a traditional woman that understands the difference between men and women you might as well forget about western women unless they were raised in a small town untouched by liberalism. Even then its still a gamble b/c to be quite honest conservative white knighting isn't any better.

Point To Consider: When the SEAL team iced Osama bin Laden one of his wives took a bullet for him. How many western women would even THINK about doing such a thing?
(10-10-2015, 07:14 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: Point To Consider: When the SEAL team iced Osama bin Laden one of his wives took a bullet for him. How many western women would even THINK about doing such a thing?
I would. Lots of women would .

Except they're all already married. Single women run into the same problem - all the good ones are taken.
(10-12-2015, 11:45 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(10-10-2015, 07:14 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote: Point To Consider: When the SEAL team iced Osama bin Laden one of his wives took a bullet for him. How many western women would even THINK about doing such a thing?
I would. Lots of women would .

Except they're all already married. Single women run into the same problem - all the good ones are taken.

It must be really emasculating to have one's wife take the bullet for one.
(10-12-2015, 11:56 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: It must be really emasculating to have one's wife take the bullet for one.

ALERT: White Knight!!!

Actually its the thought that counts. Never said men have to let it happen, but it would be nice if women would give it some consideration instead of feeling entitled to a man's life like many are now.

(10-12-2015, 11:45 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: I would. Lots of women would .

Almost half of marriages end in divorce because the woman is "emotionally unfulfilled" as the legal jargon goes these days. If people were actually getting married these days that number would probably be higher. I highly doubt people jumping ship on a marriage for "emotionally unfulfillment" are in any position to die for the other.
Well, of course I was half joking—as, I suppose, are you. Still, its dreadful to me to think we should adopt a Muslim view of the sexes; even going back to the Middle Ages, say, when the Mohammedans were on their supposed golden epoch and Christendom was sound in Europe, both were diametrically opposed. Likewise its scary that we should think the Christian view—the one that invented chivalry and so on—should be defective.
And in any case, can we really demand anything from women if we don't do our part? I know how you think, that men should just quit. Well, I take a different view: we should be men regardless of women, just as women should be women even if they can't find a decent man. At the end of the day this is a matter of how we should face this absurd crisis we're in, and I'm simply taking the old, traditional route.
I found my girl when I stopped whining about never being able to find a girl and I actually started dating. Just do it.