Father Corapi Is Back
CaptCrunch73 Wrote:I have seen a few very short articles about his here and there but really not that much. If true it would be great even if Fr Corapi does not return to public life. A life of seclusion probably makes sense, especially at this junction.

I remember when this story first broke Fr Corapi was coming to Boston and I was going to see him, his sermons and story really helped me when I returned to the faith. The black sheep dog thing was very disappointing however we all have our issues to deal with, hopefully this story is true.

Father Corapi Is Back

News is spreading around the internet that Father John Corapi has returned to the priesthood. He is currently living his life in seclusion.

This is good to hear as it comes at a time where there is much conflict and bad news within the Church. It is uncertain whether Fr. Corapi will be returning to TV or giving talks like he used to. Though wouldn’t it be awesome to see him come back on full fire and start lambasting the Synod, it’s key players, and their biggest supporters? That’d be pretty awesome.

I know Fr. Corapi has been influential in many people’s faith, whether they were coming in to or back to the Church, or even learning more about Catholicism. His fire and brimstone preaching was much needed during a time where the average preacher talked about the niceness of being Catholic and how we should be “good people”.

It’s also unclear whether or not his mistress is returning to practicing the faith either. I would continue to offer up prayers for her as well seeing as she is also in need of them. Continue to pray for Fr. Corapi.

:pray:
(10-24-2015, 06:49 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:
CaptCrunch73 Wrote:I have seen a few very short articles about his here and there but really not that much. If true it would be great even if Fr Corapi does not return to public life. A life of seclusion probably makes sense, especially at this junction.

I remember when this story first broke Fr Corapi was coming to Boston and I was going to see him, his sermons and story really helped me when I returned to the faith. The black sheep dog thing was very disappointing however we all have our issues to deal with, hopefully this story is true.

Father Corapi Is Back

News is spreading around the internet that Father John Corapi has returned to the priesthood. He is currently living his life in seclusion.

This is good to hear as it comes at a time where there is much conflict and bad news within the Church. It is uncertain whether Fr. Corapi will be returning to TV or giving talks like he used to. Though wouldn’t it be awesome to see him come back on full fire and start lambasting the Synod, it’s key players, and their biggest supporters? That’d be pretty awesome.

I know Fr. Corapi has been influential in many people’s faith, whether they were coming in to or back to the Church, or even learning more about Catholicism. His fire and brimstone preaching was much needed during a time where the average preacher talked about the niceness of being Catholic and how we should be “good people”.

It’s also unclear whether or not his mistress is returning to practicing the faith either. I would continue to offer up prayers for her as well seeing as she is also in need of them. Continue to pray for Fr. Corapi.

:pray:

I really liked Fr. Corapi. He was tough, which I found very inspiring. His talks were especially helpful to me when I had just become Catholic and everyone around me wanted to "meet people where they are."  This evidently didn't include me, because I about lost my faith and no one around me seemed to notice.  People like Fr. Corapi gave me what I needed to keep me through those early years.

so refreshing at the time.
This is definitely good news!  I was very surprised and saddened when he apostated.  Glad to hear that he's returning to the priesthood.  Although once you're a priest, you're always a priest!
I'm glad he's coming back. Falls into serious sins are possible for each and every one of us whether we are ordained or not. I pray he comes back stronger than ever, and that he'll be able to stay straight.

As crazy as it sounds it's often those with the loudest voices, those who are most orthodox and uncompromising that tend to fall the hardest. Doctrinal orthodoxy or even correct traditional piety are no guarantee whatsoever of holiness. It ought to serve as a warning to all of us.
This. You're so right, fb. It reminds me, too, of Father Thomas Euteneuer, whose book (Exorcism and the Church Militant) sits on my shelf. Any may fall.

He wasn't instrumental in my return to the Faith, but I'll happily pray for Father Corabi, in hopes that he has returned to the priesthood, and may someday return to active ministry of whatever sort is most appropriate.

(10-24-2015, 10:45 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm glad he's coming back. Falls into serious sins are possible for each and every one of us whether we are ordained or not. I pray he comes back stronger than ever, and that he'll be able to stay straight.

As crazy as it sounds it's often those with the loudest voices, those who are most orthodox and uncompromising that tend to fall the hardest. Doctrinal orthodoxy or even correct traditional piety are no guarantee whatsoever of holiness. It ought to serve as a warning to all of us.