Demonic Obsession? How do you know?
When we do our job as Christians, the devil is not happy, and, being rather precariously positioned due to our fallen nature and subjection to concupiscence, it does not take terribly much to throw us off our feet. These ends the enemy chiefly accomplishes through the excitation of the imagination, the logismoi of the Eastern tradition, drawing upon our memories for ammunition against us, reassembling fragments of memories to make novel fantasies. The devil makes very clever use of our own inclinations and only very rarely takes recourse to more extraordinary, corporeal assaults.

We moderns have a much different view of the mind than our ancestors. Our ancestors saw the mind in a way that appears, to us, fragmented, with interactions with outside intelligences significant. What they saw as external, we consider internal and integral to our being. Strange stirrings are said to emerge from deep within, perhaps a "True Self" that has long been forced into silence by self-denial and the cruelty of society, and this voice whispers what we really are, and what we must do to achieve fulfillment.
(11-10-2015, 06:35 AM)Neopelagianus Wrote: Bad thoughts and dreams (check)
Bad happenings and events (check)
An occasional distaste for prayers (check)

Folks, I think I am having demonic obsession too...

Here are some suggestions;

1 - The sign of the cross
2 - Invocation of the Blessed Virgin, in particular under her title as the Immaculate Conception
3 - A generous use of holy water
4 - Daily Mass and a worthy reception of Holy Communion.
5 - Regular confession.
(11-13-2015, 12:29 AM)Poche Wrote:

2 - Invocation of the Blessed Virgin, in particular under her title as the Immaculate Conception
5 - Regular confession.

In the case of my woman who was already a devout Catholic none of these things worked for long. She absolutely got results only with auxilium Christianorum and with a specific priestly blessing. Father even suggested I contact the diocese to bring her to an exorcist but I have not done that yet, as the bad dreams have stopped.

The point is, while those things are all helpful, there isn't one magic bullet that works for everything. Some demons cannot be driven out except with the assistance of a priest.
(11-13-2015, 07:21 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote:

5 - Regular confession.

In the case of my woman who was already a devout Catholic none of these things worked for long. She absolutely got results only with auxilium Christianorum and with a specific priestly blessing. Father even suggested I contact the diocese to bring her to an exorcist but I have not done that yet, as the bad dreams have stopped.

The point is, while those things are all helpful, there isn't one magic bullet that works for everything. Some demons cannot be driven out except with the assistance of a priest.

sometimes the demon will deliberately not manifest himself in order to make you think he is gone.
(11-14-2015, 12:23 AM)Poche Wrote:
(11-13-2015, 07:21 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote:

5 - Regular confession.

sometimes the demon will deliberately not manifest himself in order to make you think he is gone.
That is the same thing that the exorcists here in Manila say. Oh, frightening stuff, I say.

Sent from my MY31 using Tapatalk