Pope Francis on Intercommunion with Lutherans

(11-23-2015, 08:29 PM)Spence Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 02:59 PM)DeoDuce Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 04:15 AM)xandratax Wrote: Um, I've never heard this. I was baptized Lutheran. My priest told me that anyone baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is baptized. Period. Baptism doesn't even have to be performed by a Christian, according to my sources.

Yes this is what I have always been taught. From my understanding all protestant baptisms are valid...

Not all. I used to have the list, but can't find it.

I shall Google around. See if I can find one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to be having a lot of difficulty finding this Nov 2015 article by Jimmy Akin. Is it possible he stated something that would now be considered as contrary to the new Bergoglian reforms ?
I do not think it's is an issue of baptism, a baptism done in the name of the trinity is valid. That's why in emergency situtations any one of us can validly baptize another person.

Isn't the issue the belief in either  transubstantiation or consubstantiation?

Catholics believe in transubstantiation, the bread and the wine are believed to actually become the body and blood of Jesus.

Lutherans/Anglicans/other Christians believe in consubstantiation the bread and wine are spiritually the flesh and blood of Jesus, yet the bread and wine are still actually only bread and wine.

So the issue of inter-communion comes down to not having the same belief.
It goes deeper than the issue of consubstantiation, I mean, Lutherans do not have real priests or bishops as far as I know, not even by the standards of revamped post Vatican II sacramental theology.  Inter-communion in my own estimation is only for those that share the same faith. Roman Catholics and Lutherans do not share the same faith other than in a very basic stripped down way. They do if you reduce the faith to a nebulous belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God but in terms of other important things there is no real unity.

Issues that divide Lutherans:

1. The Papal Dogmas
2. Purgatory
3. Indulgences
4. Efficacy of prayers of the saints
5. Marian Devotion and post Pius IX, Pius XII dogmas (Immaculate Conception and Assumption
6. What is meant by Justification
7. Priesthood and it's meaning, and whether women can serve

There are undoubtedly more.

What I find astounding about all this stuff is that for the early church sharing the same faith was something deep, unambiguous and serious, today it's as simple as a group of people claiming to believe in God or a Higher Power a la AA meetings. That's enough for shared communion. It's strange.