Prayer Shaming After a Mass Shooting in San Bernardino
I don't necessarily think they should be banned in their entirety. I definitely think they should be regulated more, however. As an example, in Canada, we had a radical Islamist try to attack Parliament Hill in Ottawa. The government handled it so well that we only had one casualty, which was still one too many, but our gun control laws are good and keep us safer. In the United States, all it takes is for one gun to fall into the wrong hands and you have a tragedy in a school, a theatre, etc.. The Aurora shooter (the man who killed the people who were watching Batman in theatres) purchased his firearms online.

I agree that the second amendment gives Americans a right to bear arms. I just want to know how many people have to die needlessly to gun violence before the laws start changing. It's one of those tricky situations where you don't want to be sitting ducks, but frankly, American shootings don't even surprise me anymore because they're so commonly reported.
I await the day when people realize it's mental issues that are the culprit rather than the guns themselves. I personally think there's a correlation between increased mental issues and lack of religiousness, but that's another thing.

I find it funny how we see things like "God won't fix this." Why should God "fix this" when we've completely thrown Him out of our society?
(12-08-2015, 12:15 AM)GangGreen Wrote: I await the day when people realize it's mental issues that are the culprit rather than the guns themselves. I personally think there's a correlation between increased mental issues and lack of religiousness, but that's another thing.

I find it funny how we see things like "God won't fix this." Why should God "fix this" when we've completely thrown Him out of our society?

My girl and I were talking about this the other night and it dawned on me that people do this sort of thing and God permits it because of original sin, and because He gives us free will. We live in a world wounded by the Fall where we are given free reign to wrestle with our passions and tendencies to do evil. Sometimes the devil can even tempt us or entire communities such as muslims who follow a false god to commit acts of evil. The God of islam allows for murder in his name.

Definitely mental illness and godlessness play a role too, but somehow it's related to the Fall and the very terrifying yet exhilarating adventure of free will amidst corruption. Nothing should really scandalize us nor make us lose our Faith. We should not be surprised when unbaptized, fallen away christians or the members of false and evil religions like islam commit more atrocities than those of us who are adopted children of God through faith and baptism. These folks do not have the same access to grace that we do.

We live in a world where we have many serious choices to make each day but we have the true Faith and the True God to guide us. Muslims and secularists do not. Yes it's politically incorrect,and it flies in the face of the teaching of Vatican II and the modern popes but it's got to be said. These folks without faith in Jesus Christ and baptism to make them adopted sons and heirs of eternal life are floating adrift in a fallen world in a fallen body and mind with no rudder, no savior and no hope.