Tribute to Vox
Recently Vox left a kind - Vox always seems kind to me - supportive comment at my site.

I thought it was high-time - beyond high-time - I paid tribute to her for what she's done for me and the tremendous amount over years for this site.

So I did that in reply to her comments. (Here if anyone wants to see what Tracy said first etc: http://corjesusacratissimum.org/2015/11/...ristendom/)

But I think what I said needs stating beyond my com boxes, so I'm publishing it here …

Dear Tracy, your line about my book being a great gift for your secular friends made me _truly_ laugh out loud. Especially if you want to see their hair stand on end … : – )

Seriously though, I appreciate all your support, here and elsewhere.

And here I would like to pay tribute to you.

For those who may not know it, Tracy is the founder/moderator of a traditional Catholic forum called Fisheaters, which has not always had a good reputation in the past as it became embroiled in the often conflicting and sometimes toxic strands of Catholic traditionalism.

To her great credit, Tracy has acted courageously and decisively in the last couple of years to change this situation.

The result is a more gentle traditionalism at FE. (Indeed I see a link between what she is saying there and what I’m trying to say in my book The Gentle Traditionalist.)

But there’s more I want to say.

Tracy is a person of real HEART.

That heart, often unappreciated, is evident in many ways at FE.

It’s evident in the caring sensitivity with which she listens to people there and indeed nurtures them.

It’s evident in her love for humanity – and for the resultant fact that she feels acutely the anomie and horror of modern civilisation.

It’s evident in the fact that she has slaved her guts out for years at this forum, often thanklessly, indeed often with plenty of abuse, and yet, for all that, she remains warm-hearted, funny, brave, enthusiastic, tenacious, intelligent, acute and deeply, deeply kind.

Here is a link to the forum:http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.php

You may not agree with everything there. I certainly don’t!

However, there’s a good group of people there now and Tracy deserves to be recognised for the new direction she has steered Fisheaters in …

I am proud to call her my friend.
If Vox hadn't created this forum we wouldn't be able to tell her how awsome she is. Maybe that's her plan all along.  :LOL:

I think most of us here on the forum owe her a whole lot. If it weren't for her I would still be a protestant probably and I definitly wouldfnt have made the decision to go to seminary. Everything she writes here is informative, entertaining, and insightful. She always says just the right thing for the occasion. If I had the money I would do evrything I could for this forum but I don't so I make sure to keep Vox and all the forum members in my prayers.
I just read about your book, Roger, it seems very interesting. I would love to see how it works out.

Gosh, thanks, Roger... I don't know what to say, so I'll say nothing. Except to say thanks once again. And that I'm proud, and happy, to call you my friend as well. Truly!
Add Vox to the College of Cardinals and make her Pope #3  LOLOLOLO
(12-08-2015, 09:37 PM)salus Wrote: Add Vox to the College of Cardinals and make her Pope #3  LOLOLOLO

And she shall be pope Vox clamantis. Well I suppose if the human element of the church is going to fall apart around us then it may as well do it as confusedly as possible, maybe we will get stuff done then.  :LOL: 
Vox as Pope? No doubt the Blessed Virgin would have been more capable than Peter, but God chose that goof instead.

Vox's site has been a tremendous help for me in navigating how to be a Catholic, respecting older traditions, and learning a mature look on how to see the good and iffy things the all too human Vatican does at times, while not losing hope that the Spirit is in charge.

She's a source of inspiration, and I wish I could help more than by prayers.

Deo gratias et Mariae, for having given Vox this mission. :)
I know that most of us get our kicks in the forum, but let's not overlook the wealth of information and instruction contained in Vox's Being Catholic, For Catholics, and For Protestants.

Really, the writings and links in these sections are an Internet catechism. Vox, in a supreme labor of love, has given many hours of her life in composing these pages; the least we can do is be aware of them. If any of y'all have Catholic-curious family and friends, send them to those pages! Also, for any of you who have been members or lurkers of this community for a few years, you know the, um, challenges Vox  has had to face and overcome, which she valiantly has. Let's face it: we're family. (God help us...) For as much as I'm a committed localist of the frontporchrepublic.com variety, I understand the importance--verily, the necessity--of an intentional Internet community. Though I have never met any of you in person, I feel more comfortable sharing with Renatus Frater, Crusading Philologist,  Chestertonian, Clare Brigid, xandratax, or formerbuddhist--just to give a few examples--than I do with the person sitting next to me at the bar. 

I indict myself first and foremost when I ask: how many of us are trying to share this website with others? If you go the shop link, you can purchase a Fish Eaters' bumper sticker. You might ask, "So what?" (I punch you.) Well, as a bumper sticker reader, I can attest that bumper stickers do work. I mean, come on--better than Visualize Whirled Peas or some shit like that.

For as much I tend to smart-ass off in threads, I do think that we are in an age of transition, challenge, and adventure. Both St. Louis de Monfort and Fr. Guardini (one of my favorites) speak of the advent of super-saints in the dreaded latter days. While I wouldn't dare classify myself in such a category, given that I'm a womanizing jerk who drinks too much, how exciting it is to think that we could contribute to the formation of such saints through Fish Eaters

I need to stop typing now. Selah, y'all.
I completely agree with Bourbon Apocalypse. The articles on the main site were incredibly helpful in my journey to catholicism, I've probably read them all at least once just because they are so very informative and helpful. I still frequently look up articles on holidays and such so I know how to spice things up a bit in my spiritual life. If I really knew anyone who would actually respond to it I would gladly send them all to Fisheaters. I am rather new here but I do like to think of us all like a sort of family, though I suppose a virtual parish would be more of a fitting term. I don't know all of you very well but I've come to make friends here in ways I didn't expect.
(12-09-2015, 12:55 AM)Dominicus Wrote: I completely agree with Bourbon Apocalypse. The articles on the main site were incredibly helpful in my journey to catholicism, I've probably read them all at least once just because they are so very informative and helpful. I still frequently look up articles on holidays and such so I know how to spice things up a bit in my spiritual life. If I really knew anyone who would actually respond to it I would gladly send them all to Fisheaters. I am rather new here but I do like to think of us all like a sort of family, though I suppose a virtual parish would be more of a fitting term. I don't know all of you very well but I've come to make friends here in ways I didn't expect.

New or not, Dominicus, you're one of us--for better of for worse.