The Remnant calls for Pope Francis' resignation
Here's the article:

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.ph...rcy-begins

I'm not a fan of Pope Francis, but even I think this is a bit much.  I know I'm not St. Catherine of Siena.

Your thoughts?
(12-08-2015, 09:52 AM)AllSeasons Wrote: Here's the article:

I'm not a fan of Pope Francis, but even I think this is a bit much.  I know I'm not St. Catherine of Siena.

Your thoughts?

You think it is a bit much????  As far as i can tell everything in the following petition to sign is SPOT ON .  If someone  was abusing and beating your MOTHER , had them on the ground and was kicking them to death would you only say  its a bit much???  Its time to Man or Woman up and  do whatever you can to be heard  and let whomever know you will not go down without a fight!!!  Viva Christo Rey

I saw it this morning, didn't read through it. Even if it's 100% dead on (which it probably is) It's a waste of time. As much as I love the Remnant, it's just a worthless waste of time. Remember the filial appeal before the synod? So many signatures, many of which were priests and bishops, what did it accomplish? Does the Remnant actually think this will do anything?

At the end of the day, in today's Catholic world, I don't think we can think of anyone who if they actually spoke up people would care to listen. We could even go back 20 years ago. If Mother Teresa spoke up and said something, probably the whole Catholic world would have listened. There is no one of that magnitude in today's Church who isn't pope.
(12-08-2015, 11:49 AM)GangGreen Wrote: I saw it this morning, didn't read through it. Even if it's 100% dead on (which it probably is) It's a waste of time. As much as I love the Remnant, it's just a worthless waste of time. Remember the filial appeal before the synod? So many signatures, many of which were priests and bishops, what did it accomplish? Does the Remnant actually think this will do anything?

At the end of the day, in today's Catholic world, I don't think we can think of anyone who if they actually spoke up people would care to listen. We could even go back 20 years ago. If Mother Teresa spoke up and said something, probably the whole Catholic world would have listened. There is no one of that magnitude in today's Church who isn't pope.

This is exactly why we are all  enduring this sorry situation, because we are so gutless in defending  our Lord and Saviour.  By the Grace of God  I pray that if i am  the last man standing I  i will always be willing to stand up and defend Him who has done so much for me.  I am not concerned if the dead will not listen , I am however concerned that the Lord knows I Love HIM.
To be fair I don't think the Remnant is so naive as to think they'll accomplish much besides an angry video from some well known youtube celebrities or gasps around the neo-catholic blogosphere.

This looks more like an open letter analyzing the papacy so far.
There's nothing wrong with asking, but like GangGreen said, it's likely a waste of time.  First, are they even able to get it in front of the Pope? If not, it seems to be just public venting, like so many open letters that have no shot of being read by the person it's addressed to.  Even if it can get in front of the Pope, I doubt anyone would take seriously a letter running you down, even including a "Libellus," signed by some random people you've never heard of. 

Instead of or in addition to sending a petition to the Pope's secretary's secretary's' secretary's trash can,  send it to God--and for that, you don't even need a Libellus, because He knows all and has the power to do all.  He also knows best if what you ask for is indeed the right thing so you can trust confidently even if the answer is "no."

Just to add, defending the faith and offering correction or consolation to those you come across who may have been scandalized (in the sense of the real meaning of the word) by some action of the Pope is often the best we can do as individuals--and that is important in God's eyes too. If you get an audience with the Pope, let him have it, but until then, focus on doing the most effective things you can with the time you have.  That's what St. Seb did--he focused on evangelizing the rank and file and then tried to convert the emperor when he was brought before him.  Just posting a list of the emperor's faults on a wall, in a place to be read mostly by like minded folks, wouldn't have been as fruitful, IMO. 
(12-08-2015, 12:01 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: To be fair I don't think the Remnant is so naive as to think they'll accomplish much besides an angry video from some well known youtube celebrities or gasps around the neo-catholic blogosphere.

This looks more like an open letter analyzing the papacy so far.

Lol of course you are correct in  your basic premise.  Of course no one expects Francis to  step down if and when he sees the aforementioned petition .  I would rather add my voice to the faithful that have signed the petition so that in some small way it will be on record the i absolutely am at odds with this manifest heretic Francis.
I think that if Pope Francis were to resign it would just complicate things. I mean, to have three popes at once sounds like a terrible idea to me.
(12-08-2015, 12:18 PM)Qoheleth Wrote: Lol of course you are correct in  your basic premise.  Of course no one expects Francis to  step down if and when he sees the aforementioned petition .  I would rather add my voice to the faithful that have signed the petition so that in some small way it will be on record the i absolutely am at odds with this manifest heretic Francis.

I just think the pretense should be dropped then.  It should be a public declaration of all the reasons the signatories think Francis is a bad Pope and leave it at that, rather than framing it as a petition to the Pope (unless there is some reasonable expectation he will see it).
(12-08-2015, 12:23 PM)Dominicus Wrote: I think that if Pope Francis were to resign it would just complicate things. I mean, to have three popes at once sounds like a terrible idea to me.

There wouldn't be three popes at once.  If he were to resign, there would be zero.  Then, when a new one was elected there would be one.  Seriously, I don't know anyone who is actually confused by this concept.