The Remnant calls for Pope Francis' resignation
(12-08-2015, 12:25 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 12:23 PM)Dominicus Wrote: I think that if Pope Francis were to resign it would just complicate things. I mean, to have three popes at once sounds like a terrible idea to me.

There wouldn't be three popes at once.  If he were to resign, there would be zero.  Then, when a new one was elected there would be one.  Seriously, I don't know anyone who is actually confused by this concept.

I meant that when Benedict resigned it brought a lot of confusion with it. I know that there wouldnt be three popes but from an uneducated viewpoint it would certainly look like it. It would pobably please the sedevacantists as well.
(12-08-2015, 12:18 PM)Qoheleth Wrote: Lol of course you are correct in  your basic premise.  Of course no one expects Francis to  step down if and when he sees the aforementioned petition .  I would rather add my voice to the faithful that have signed the petition so that in some small way it will be on record the i absolutely am at odds with this manifest heretic Francis.

From the forum rules.
"Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium."

I'm not a big fan of Francis either, Qoheleth, but I would watch what you say so that you don't violate the rules. I don't wish to see you banned. Also I'm not sure how to quote outside sources so forgive me.
Dominicus ...

When the man Francis deems it ok to completely disregard  the "rules " of what it means to be Catholic, dont talk to me about rules concerning anyone who tramples the past 2000 years of Catholic Tradition handed down to all of us from Jesus and his apostles.  I would much rather  be worried about not defending the truth than any other rules so called, and so should you.
(12-08-2015, 11:49 AM)GangGreen Wrote: I saw it this morning, didn't read through it. Even if it's 100% dead on (which it probably is) It's a waste of time. As much as I love the Remnant, it's just a worthless waste of time. Remember the filial appeal before the synod? So many signatures, many of which were priests and bishops, what did it accomplish? Does the Remnant actually think this will do anything?

At the end of the day, in today's Catholic world, I don't think we can think of anyone who if they actually spoke up people would care to listen. We could even go back 20 years ago. If Mother Teresa spoke up and said something, probably the whole Catholic world would have listened. There is no one of that magnitude in today's Church who isn't pope.

Is there anyone of that magnitude in today's Church who *is* pope? ???
(12-08-2015, 01:48 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 11:49 AM)GangGreen Wrote: I saw it this morning, didn't read through it. Even if it's 100% dead on (which it probably is) It's a waste of time. As much as I love the Remnant, it's just a worthless waste of time. Remember the filial appeal before the synod? So many signatures, many of which were priests and bishops, what did it accomplish? Does the Remnant actually think this will do anything?

At the end of the day, in today's Catholic world, I don't think we can think of anyone who if they actually spoke up people would care to listen. We could even go back 20 years ago. If Mother Teresa spoke up and said something, probably the whole Catholic world would have listened. There is no one of that magnitude in today's Church who isn't pope.

Is there anyone of that magnitude in today's Church who *is* pope? ???

:LOL:. Fair enough.
Agree, it's a colossal waste of time. Better to stick to some sort of devotional practices and do the best you can. There's still grace available in the world and in the average parish. I'm not recommending my own path to anyone else but just suggesting it.

Pray a form of the Office
Pray the Jesus Prayer, the Rosary or both
Read scripture and lives of saints
Go to Mass on Sunday's and Holy days
Confession and communion once a month

Forget about the Pope, the bishops or the continual hysterics surrounding them. If you truly believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the true Church than nothing any pope or anti pope can do can destroy it. For most of us laity it is best to just drop out and do our own thing on the margins. We've got no power,authority or influence over Popes or bishops anyway.

Focus instead on your own spiritual life and on Jesus Christ, not the Pope and Vatican intrigue.

I do like knowing what's going on in the Church. I personally have a hard time ignoring it, I'm sure most are the same.  However, it does get a bit tiring after a while. To the Remnant's credit they do talk often about turning to prayer and strengthening one's faith. I like Michael Matt because of his more relaxed, calm, and sensible demeanor. I take a look at CMTV and it's a place that's become very grating to the point where I don't even visit their site all that often anymore. Voris always comes across as bitter, they act like they're the only game in town worth listening to, and the site just seems like it wants more money all the time even though they are the most well off non-mainstream (not sure I can call them traditionalist anymore) Catholic site around.
One doesn't petition the pope. This is nonsense. I don't like this papacy any better than they, but what makes them think the next pope will be any better? Because they petitioned?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(12-08-2015, 07:52 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: One doesn't petition the pope. This is nonsense. I don't like this papacy any better than they, but what makes them think the next pope will be any better? Because they petitioned?

ah,,,,,, cynicism par excellence ... your right its hopeless  we should all just wring our hands and give up :P
In all fairness there's only so much people can take before they get cynical and sort of drop out to do their own thing. For going on 60 years now so much of the externals of our Latin Catholic Patrimony have been spat upon,ridiculed, whitewashed and reinterpreted by priests, bishops and popes. So many old school Catholics who love the pre conciliar stuff have been spat upon as well. After awhile you just kind of want to wash your hands of things and just find a quiet corner where you can live out your life without the shenanigans of the modern hierarchy and their lackeys.

Whether it's an abused animal or a bullied and neglected child the results are the same, a creature that is cynical,angry, jaded,skeptical and untrusting, a creature that is starved for love and affection but who is tired of trying to be vulnerable for fear of continual abuse.

In the Church it's the same thing. Some of us have simply washed our hands of so much of institutional Catholicism and it's leaders. Some of us like myself have zero expectations from popes and bishops and don't think there's a damn thing we can do to change them anyway. Some if us think it's like don Quixote tilting at windmills to sign petitions and plead with popes and bishops to change things.

In the end you do what you think is best, you follow your conscience. For guys like me I really don't give a flying fig about the pope or the episcopate, or I don't expect any more of them than that they pass on apostolic succession to ensure true sacrements. Anything more than that is asking too much in this time and place in history.

I'll keep out if the limelight,do my thing and teach myself the things I need to know to grow spiritually since in today's church in most places it's every man for himself. It's the age of the laity because there are hardly any shepherds. I say embrace it. You aren't responsible for anyone but yourself.

Why should we worry about the pope and the bishops? We are responsible for our own spiritual lives and the spiritual lives of our families, not the popes or the bishops. When all else fails we ought to do what the Japanese did,or what the old believers did, and cling to what we know whether there's a hierarchy left or not.