The Remnant calls for Pope Francis' resignation
(12-08-2015, 10:51 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: In all fairness there's only so much people can take before they get cynical and sort of drop out to do their own thing. For going on 60 years now so much of the externals of our Latin Catholic Patrimony have been spat upon,ridiculed, whitewashed and reinterpreted by priests, bishops and popes. So many old school Catholics who love the pre conciliar stuff have been spat upon as well. After awhile you just kind of want to wash your hands of things and just find a quiet corner where you can live out your life without the shenanigans of the modern hierarchy and their lackeys.

Whether it's an abused animal or a bullied and neglected child the results are the same, a creature that is cynical,angry, jaded,skeptical and untrusting, a creature that is starved for love and affection but who is tired of trying to be vulnerable for fear of continual abuse.

In the Church it's the same thing. Some of us have simply washed our hands of so much of institutional Catholicism and it's leaders. Some of us like myself have zero expectations from popes and bishops and don't think there's a damn thing we can do to change them anyway. Some if us think it's like don Quixote tilting at windmills to sign petitions and plead with popes and bishops to change things.

In the end you do what you think is best, you follow your conscience. For guys like me I really don't give a flying fig about the pope or the episcopate, or I don't expect any more of them than that they pass on apostolic succession to ensure true sacrements. Anything more than that is asking too much in this time and place in history.

I'll keep out if the limelight,do my thing and teach myself the things I need to know to grow spiritually since in today's church in most places it's every man for himself. It's the age of the laity because there are hardly any shepherds. I say embrace it. You aren't responsible for anyone but yourself.

Why should we worry about the pope and the bishops? We are responsible for our own spiritual lives and the spiritual lives of our families, not the popes or the bishops. When all else fails we ought to do what the Japanese did,or what the old believers did, and cling to what we know whether there's a hierarchy left or not.

hmm ok then consider these events  this man relates,,, in 2 Cor chap 11,  Before i quote it i must say aren't you happy that he didn't allow cynicism to rule his life, cause those that went before us and suffered whatever made it possible to become a former Buddhist  instead of being a slave of Satan forever, and finding  reasons to quit the fight.

Paul’s Sufferings as an Apostle
16 I repeat, let no one think me foolish; but even if you do, accept me as a fool, so that I too may boast a little. 17 (What I am saying I say not with the Lord’s authority but as a fool, in this boastful confidence; 18 since many boast of worldly things, I too will boast.) 19 For you gladly bear with fools, being wise yourselves! 20 For you bear it if a man makes slaves of you, or preys upon you, or takes advantage of you, or puts on airs, or strikes you in the face. 21 To my shame, I must say, we were too weak for that!

But whatever any one dares to boast of—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast of that. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they descendants of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one—I am talking like a madman—with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death. 24 Five times I have received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. 25 Three times I have been beaten with rods; once I was stoned. Three times I have been shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been adrift at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brethren; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. 28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure upon me of my anxiety for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant?

30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, he who is blessed for ever, knows that I do not lie. 32 At Damascus, the governor under King Ar′etas guarded the city of Damascus in order to seize me, 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped his hands.

Based on the other thread, the angle that the remnant is taking here is pretty smart. This is all a way to get people talking. It's a listing of all the issues of this papacy laid out nicely. Well how does one get this spread throughout the world? How can you even get a chance for the mainstream media to pick this up? A petition to get the Pope to resign. People love talking about controversial petitions... Especially when tons of people sign it and it's in various languages.

So if it does nothing except create a buzz somewhere in the world, it has done its job.
(12-08-2015, 10:51 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: In all fairness there's only so much people can take before they get cynical and sort of drop out to do their own thing. For going on 60 years now so much of the externals of our Latin Catholic Patrimony have been spat upon,ridiculed, whitewashed and reinterpreted by priests, bishops and popes. So many old school Catholics who love the pre conciliar stuff have been spat upon as well. After awhile you just kind of want to wash your hands of things and just find a quiet corner where you can live out your life without the shenanigans of the modern hierarchy and their lackeys.

Whether it's an abused animal or a bullied and neglected child the results are the same, a creature that is cynical,angry, jaded,skeptical and untrusting, a creature that is starved for love and affection but who is tired of trying to be vulnerable for fear of continual abuse.

In the Church it's the same thing. Some of us have simply washed our hands of so much of institutional Catholicism and it's leaders. Some of us like myself have zero expectations from popes and bishops and don't think there's a damn thing we can do to change them anyway. Some if us think it's like don Quixote tilting at windmills to sign petitions and plead with popes and bishops to change things.

In the end you do what you think is best, you follow your conscience. For guys like me I really don't give a flying fig about the pope or the episcopate, or I don't expect any more of them than that they pass on apostolic succession to ensure true sacrements. Anything more than that is asking too much in this time and place in history.

I'll keep out if the limelight,do my thing and teach myself the things I need to know to grow spiritually since in today's church in most places it's every man for himself. It's the age of the laity because there are hardly any shepherds. I say embrace it. You aren't responsible for anyone but yourself.

Why should we worry about the pope and the bishops? We are responsible for our own spiritual lives and the spiritual lives of our families, not the popes or the bishops. When all else fails we ought to do what the Japanese did,or what the old believers did, and cling to what we know whether there's a hierarchy left or not.

Yes, this.

Having come to have interest in religion during the reign of Benedict XVI I suppose I was spoiled a bit and have become too naive when it comes to the hierarchy. But now after that lightshow I just dropped every interest I had in this papacy. Of course its not that alone.

Now if the pope doesn't go so far as to suppress the Roman Rite I'll simply not pay any attention to him anymore and will not take anything he or his comrades say seriously. I'll not even read his official stuff and just trust my priests to inform me of anything relevant that might appear in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis.

I'll just try to be a good Catholic following the advice of my priests, that outlined by Fr. Rodriguez, +Schneider or any other good bishop. Now I just can't in good conscience see the pope as a good bishop.

This self called Bishop of Rome has been an utter disaster for the Church. His anti-Catholic actions nearly drove me, as well as many others, out of the Church. Whatever can be done to discredit and marginalize his influence, I’m in total favor of. I’m just not crazy about this idea of popes resigning.

To tell you the truth, I’m not convinced this so called Bishop of Rome, at least in Heavens eyes, is a legitimate pope.

Want to hear my crazy dream? I dream that Pope Benedict XVI will break his silence and with his still faithful Princes stand up and justly condemn this man. And exercise his divine right to judge Bergoglio unfit to be the successor of Peter and depose him once and for all.

Once again, FB, I agree with much of what you write here, and certainly am in total agreement with the underlying sentiments you express.  However....there seems to me to be one little fly in the ointment you recommend regarding paying attention to, worrying about the pope, the bishops, the Vatican, et.al.  As long as the pope is pope and has the control over the bishops he has and continues to elevate to the episcopate new bishops as and when necessary, this and the ideology/philosophy/theology/etc. that motivate him and them ALL filters down to the priesthood to varying degrees and to the seminaries, too, I would imagine.  As such, even your weekly (or so) attendance at the vast majority of Roman Catholic parishes will be influenced by and/or infected with what goes on at the top, so to speak.  You will experience this in how the liturgy is celebrated (including altar girls, phalanxes of "extraordinary ministers of...". t.v. screens, etc., etc., etc.), how the prayers are prayed, which hymns are sung, in the homilies, and, really, imnsho, in virtually every aspect of worship there.  You need great fortitude and strong spiritual medicine to keep you "well" through all of that.  I'm afraid most people will have neither  :(.  Like I said, just my not-so-humble opinion....
I have a dream, that one day I will be able to attend a local daily Latin Mass without having to live near an FSSP or ICKSP church. The only way for such a thing to occur is to fight and never give up. Sure, some people are more meant to "suffer in silence." Others need to be the front lines fighting the battle.
(12-09-2015, 02:41 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I have a dream, that one day I will be able to attend a local daily Latin Mass without having to live near an FSSP or ICKSP church. The only way for such a thing to occur is to fight and never give up. Sure, some people are more meant to "suffer in silence." Others need to be the front lines fighting the battle.

That is a great dream to have and to fight for.  Or, if you're able, it is good to pray that the dream becomes a reality and you are able to move closer to an FSSP or ICK or SSPX parish.  When we found out we were having our first child, my wife and I prayed for that to happen so that we could no longer have to drive 3 hours roundtrip for Mass and otherwise raise our family without having to expose them to the Novus Ordo -- God answered our prayers and we were able to move before our daughter was born.  It was absolutely worth all of the effort to move -- God can do miraculous things.
(12-09-2015, 12:55 PM)J Michael Wrote:

Once again, FB, I agree with much of what you write here, and certainly am in total agreement with the underlying sentiments you express.  However....there seems to me to be one little fly in the ointment you recommend regarding paying attention to, worrying about the pope, the bishops, the Vatican, et.al.  As long as the pope is pope and has the control over the bishops he has and continues to elevate to the episcopate new bishops as and when necessary, this and the ideology/philosophy/theology/etc. that motivate him and them ALL filters down to the priesthood to varying degrees and to the seminaries, too, I would imagine.  As such, even your weekly (or so) attendance at the vast majority of Roman Catholic parishes will be influenced by and/or infected with what goes on at the top, so to speak.  You will experience this in how the liturgy is celebrated (including altar girls, phalanxes of "extraordinary ministers of...". t.v. screens, etc., etc., etc.), how the prayers are prayed, which hymns are sung, in the homilies, and, really, imnsho, in virtually every aspect of worship there.  You need great fortitude and strong spiritual medicine to keep you "well" through all of that.  I'm afraid most people will have neither  :(.  Like I said, just my not-so-humble opinion....

All true things J. Michael.  For me it's about having some connection however tenuous to the institution. When I go on a Sunday morning I stand in the back and pray with my Prayerbook and my prayerrope , listen during the readings and the sermon and in general just do my thing and than go home. I walk to this church so it's minimal effort on my part.  Definitely I'm more sustained in my faith by my book of hours at home though. Heck I'm way off kilter, I'm even on the Julian calendar because of the Prayerbook I use! 

I'm used to feeling a bit off in the Church I guess.  :)