Who will save the church?
With all the doom and gloom lately, I saw this today and thought it very poignant and apropos.

[Image: 12299119_599435983545452_286593598490784...e=56EAEE86]
Yes. Nobody is born into the priesthood. Priests come from families, they are influenced by their upbringing, by their parents, teachers, etc. And even though there are conversions and good people rising above their upbringing, the surest way to get the run of the mill dang good priest is by making sure they have the faith.
Who will save the church?

Jesus will save the Church. Let me remind you that he promised Peter that the gates of Hell would not prevail and in another part he said, "Lo, I will be with you until the end of the ages."
Even if things look their worst remember, Jesus' promise is forever.
:) :) :) 
(12-09-2015, 12:27 AM)Poche Wrote: Who will save the church?

Jesus will save the Church. Let me remind you that he promised Peter that the gates of Hell would not prevail and in another part he said, "Lo, I will be with you until the end of the ages."
Even if things look their worst remember, Jesus' promise is forever.
:) :) :) 

This
In St. Catherine's Dialogue, reform of the Church is considered a mercy from God--so what better time to pray for it than during the Jubilee Year of Mercy.  An example of one of her petitions for this cause:

St. Catherine Wrote:"I know well that mercy is Your own attribute, wherefore You can not destroy it or refuse it to him who asks for it. Your servants knock at the door of Your truth, because in the truth of Your only-begotten Son they know the ineffable love which You have for man, wherefore the fire of Your love ought not and cannot refrain from opening to him who knocks with perseverance. Wherefore open, unlock, and break the hardened hearts of Your creatures, not for their sake who do not knock, but on account of Your infinite goodness, and through love of Your servants who knock at You for their sake. Grant the prayer of those, Eternal Father who, as You see, stand at the door of Your truth and pray. For what do they pray? For with the Blood of this door -- Your truth -- have You washed our iniquities and destroyed the stain of Adam's sin. The Blood is ours, for You have made it our bath, wherefore You can not deny it to any one who truly asks for it. Give, then, the fruit of Your Blood to Your creatures. Place in the balance the price of the blood of Your Son, so that the infernal devils may not carry off Your lambs. You are the Good Shepherd who, to fulfill Your obedience, laid down His life for Your lambs, and made for us a bath of His Blood.

"That Blood is what Your hungry servants beg of You at this door, begging You through it to do mercy to the world, and to cause Your holy Church to bloom with the fragrant flowers of good and holy pastors, who by their sweet odor shall extinguish the stench of the putrid flowers of sin. You have said, Eternal Father, that through the love which You have for Your rational creatures, and the prayers and the many virtues and labors of Your servants, You would do mercy to the world, and reform the Church, and thus give us refreshment; wherefore do not delay, but turn the eye of Your mercy towards us, for You must first reply to us before we can cry out with the voice of Your mercy. Open the door of Your inestimable love which You have given us through the door of Your Word."
(12-08-2015, 06:23 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: With all the doom and gloom lately, I saw this today and thought it very poignant and apropos.

[Image: 12299119_599435983545452_286593598490784...e=56EAEE86]

I love Abp. Sheen!  (Even if he was *Roman* Catholic  :grin: :LOL:). 

I think he was certainly on to something there, but the laity he speaks of may be a stronger, better cathechized, more spiritual one than what it appears to me currently exists, at least in North America, today.
We should not lose heart. Christ will not forsake His people. Remember the great mystery that was revealed at His first Advent, against all expectations, He came in the form of the Suffering Messiah, a sacrificial Lamb, showing His face of mercy and forgiveness.

But never lose sight that at His second coming, it will not be as the Suffering Messiah, but as the Triumphant Messiah. Revealing His face of holy and rightness indignation. Not as a lamb but as a lion, the Lion of Judah (see Revelation 5:5).

Considering the shape of His Church and the world in general, I think the time must be short. To tell you the truth. I tremble when I think of what is in-store for those who have consciously perverted His Church and His world. May they repent before the terrible day of His wrath.
(12-09-2015, 01:01 PM)J Michael Wrote: I think he was certainly on to something there, but the laity he speaks of may be a stronger, better cathechized, more spiritual one than what it appears to me currently exists, at least in North America, today.

That quote is from 1972, when things were pretty terrible.  It's actually better today, IMO, because the laity have more access to information and are better able to communicate with each either.
(12-09-2015, 02:15 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 01:01 PM)J Michael Wrote: I think he was certainly on to something there, but the laity he speaks of may be a stronger, better cathechized, more spiritual one than what it appears to me currently exists, at least in North America, today.

That quote is from 1972, when things were pretty terrible.  It's actually better today, IMO, because the laity have more access to information and are better able to communicate with each either.

You might be right.  However, just because information is easily accessible doesn't mean it gets accessed and intelligently used.