Archdiocese defies governor
The Archdiocese of Indianapolis has gone forward with the resettlement of a refugee family from Syria, despite a call by Indiana Governor Mike Pence for a halt on the acceptance of Syrian refugees. Archbishop Joseph Tobin met with Governor Pence on December 3, and said that he had “prayerfully considered” the governor’s “request,” but concluded that the Church should proceed with its plan to help a family that had fled terrorists. “This is an essential part of our identity as Catholic Christians,” he said. Governor Pence said through a spokesman that he “holds Catholic Charities in the highest regard but respectfully disagrees with their decision to place a Syrian refugee family in Indiana at this time.” However, evidently seeking to avoid a legal confrontation, he said that he would not bar the delivery of state aid to the family. “I have no intention of interfering with the ordinary administration of state government relative to people who are legally within the state of Indiana,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...4yVLZ.dpuf
Its interesting to think in 50 years white people won't exist.
Is the implication that the Church should not assist legitimate refugees because that might interfere with the local culture?

Of course the movement of refugees is complex and resettlement is not always the best option. But in this case we can hope and pray that the Church has made a good decision based on prudent judgement rather than indulging in low level comments about skin tone. 

After all Christ and the original apostles weren't exactly mid westerners.

We need to build bridges between the East and the West. Not silly ones that send out the message that Christians and Moslems are the same, but sensible ones that allow us to communicate with and support our Christian brothers and sisters wherever they may be and no matter what their origins.

I write this with all heartfelt sincerity from the centre of the middle east, and hope that if I ever have to pack my bags and run, there will be some offer of sanctuary somewhere in the wider Christian world.

Good night and God bless.

To quote, again, Dr. Dialogue, SJ, "While the New Testament is hopelessly vague about sexual ethics and marriage it is absolutely clear about open borders and multiculturalism!"

The Reconquista took 800 years for completion (with the longest period of peace being of only 20 years) and was precisely what Christ said, from a grain of mustard a huge tree grows, but the key virtue was fortitude and courage, two things the West is lacking. If the plague of the diabolical religion of mohammed takes root anywhere in the West now it will probably take thousand of years for it to be rooted out.
Ironically, the mohammedan invasion of the Iberian Peninsula also had the help of Christians and even kings and bishops, politically motivated. So its no surprise what this archbishop did.

(12-10-2015, 11:39 AM)majellan Wrote: Is the implication that the Church should not assist legitimate refugees because that might interfere with the local culture?

Of course the movement of refugees is complex and resettlement is not always the best option. But in this case we can hope and pray that the Church has made a good decision based on prudent judgement rather than indulging in low level comments about skin tone. 

We need to build bridges between the East and the West. Not silly ones that send out the message that Christians and Moslems are the same, but sensible ones that allow us to communicate with and support our Christian brothers and sisters wherever they may be and no matter what their origins.

I write this with all heartfelt sincerity from the centre of the middle east, and hope that if I ever have to pack my bags and run, there will be some offer of sanctuary somewhere in the wider Christian world.

I certainly find it utterly ridiculous that the archbishop claims immigration is an essential part of "Catholic Christians". But I'm not against immigration because of skin tone, but I'm against immigration of muslims and, I believe, for good reasons. And yes, the destruction of local culture, aka, the shared vision of the Good, the common good, the republic in the Roman sense, should be a huge thing to consider before allowing strange gods to your land.

I hope, if needs be, you can find a good Christian nation. You could certainly consider Brazil, since we have a huge Arab/Syrian-Lebanese community here, mostly Christians (at least until this last shameful wave of immigration supported by leftist communists).

(12-10-2015, 11:39 AM)majellan Wrote: Is the implication that the Church should not assist legitimate refugees because that might interfere with the local culture?

I wasn't attempting to attack other races or even say I have problems with helping other ethnicities. But it's a well know fact that the combination of birth rates of Caucasians and the influx of minority groups into the west will eventually result in the complete and total loss of white identity if things arnt reversed. I of course am not blaming anyone of other races. It's just as much white peoples fault because they have chosen to live secular, childless lives. But I am not going to pretend I don't have a problem with the complete loss and destruction of my heritage. Furthermore I am more concerned about islam immigrating into my land, not christians. As RF stated it isn't something easily removed. I would gladly take in a Christian family from a foreign land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-10-2015, 03:41 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Its interesting to think in 50 years white people won't exist.

I'd rather live among black Roman Catholics than under white Freemasons and Protestants and liberals.

(12-14-2015, 03:50 PM)Catlick Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 03:41 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Its interesting to think in 50 years white people won't exist.

I'd rather live among black Roman Catholics than under white Freemasons and Protestants and liberals.

I can agree with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk