A Succubus Attacked Me
(12-15-2015, 01:44 PM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: You say you would "never ever" joke about this, and then you immediately call Renatus,
who is trying to give you helpful advice, "Rat Ass Farter"?

I was not Joking about the attack. I just called him a funny name because he is such a knucklehead sometimes. I’m sorry but Rat Ass Farter was not helping me by accusing me of joking about something as serious as a Succubus.

(12-15-2015, 01:44 PM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: I think you need to consider how serious the things you are saying really are.
If you were attacked by a physical manifestation of a demon, something is very wrong.

I don’t think you are understanding me. I am taking this very seriously what to you want me to do have a panic attack. I think I may be psychologically protecting myself by keeping a certain lightness about it.
(12-15-2015, 09:26 AM)Renatus Frater Wrote: You most likely opened yourself to the diabolical influence. Maybe sins of the flesh, maybe sins against the faith.

Fr. Ripperger says that almost every person possessed because of heresy he encountered started the heresy because of some problem with the 6th commandment.

In any case, you shouldn't joke about this and should start praying.

I don't see this as an accusation. Your posts are somewhat lighthearted and I believe he was just advising that you take it seriously and pray.

It is terrifying. You are right not to let it destroy you or give you panic attacks, but it is terrifying. I can't imagine what it's like to have such a close encounter with something truly evil. I wouldn't make too close an association between it and your posts here: there may be other reasons the devil would choose to attack you. I will pray for you and I hope you talk to a good priest who can help you with these issues.
(12-15-2015, 12:29 PM)majellan Wrote: A succubus or incubus is a terrifying experience. At one time I had much trouble with them. Treat this as something that God has allowed to happen to you as a severe warning. As I mentioned in your previous thread His mercy is not to be mocked and it seems like you may be doing just that. Prayer and fasting are your best options just now and Advent is a perfect opportunity for that. God Bless

Thank you majellan. I already started the prayer and fasting part. I think you are right about God allowing for this. but I think it may be His permissive will in this case. What makes you think G-d is giving me a direct warning? I have not mock His Mercy I have only mocked Renatus Frater. Did you really have trouble with a Succubus or are you Joking? If you did how did it manifest its self and did it come back?
(12-15-2015, 04:29 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 12:29 PM)majellan Wrote: A succubus or incubus is a terrifying experience. At one time I had much trouble with them. Treat this as something that God has allowed to happen to you as a severe warning. As I mentioned in your previous thread His mercy is not to be mocked and it seems like you may be doing just that. Prayer and fasting are your best options just now and Advent is a perfect opportunity for that. God Bless

Thank you majellan. I already started the prayer and fasting part. I think you are right about God allowing for this. but I think it may be His permissive will in this case. What makes you think G-d is giving me a direct warning? I have not mock His Mercy I have only mocked Renatus Frater. Did you really have trouble with a Succubus or are you Joking? If you did how did it manifest its self and did it come back?

I don't think "God's permissive will" necessarily means it wasn't a warning.  Perhaps the devil has been attacking you "sneakily" and seeing it was just what you needed to understand what was happening. Perhaps God allowed demons to attack you like they already wanted to do.
(12-15-2015, 03:51 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 01:22 PM)Papist Wrote: I just want to know. Are you being serious? Is this a joke, or were you really attacked last night?

Yes Papist. I'm heart attack serious. It's no joke. My wife and I prayed for our Gardian Angles to prodect us today.

I am really sorry to hear it. If I were you, I'd contact a priest IMMEDIATELY!

Quick question though, my Dad suffers from bipolar disorder too, and he once experienced a vision like yours - though not sexual in nature. We are not sure it was real or it was because he was experiencing what is called lucid dreaming. Do you think that it might be that?
I've heard of such a thing as a Succubus before but never experienced an attack from one. I did have one encounter years ago with the phenomenon of the old hag, where I woke up totally paralyzed and could hear someone whispering my name from out of the periphery, just beyond my sight range. It was creepy.

Another time I was clearly attacked in my bedroom by something evil that felt like electricity going through my body. Each time the shockwaves pulsed through me I was filled with horrifying images of incest and total filth. There was no sexual excitement on my part, but it scared the day lights out of me.

On another occasion years ago when I was a mailman I remember  stealing marijuana from a package and smoking it in the same quantities I was used to in high school. This led to another demonic experience where I literally felt some thing from just beyond my awareness mocking me. A feeling of being immersed in a world of gray melancholy engulfed me, and not even listening to Gregorian chant and prayers helped all that much. Whatever it was was sheer evil.

As an old hardcore stoner from my highschool days I can attest that marijuana usually does not bring such a strange and evil reaction, although I have nothing to do with it anymore. I no longer would smoke a joint if you offered me a hundred dollars and put it in front of me.

Whatever the case I've been plagued by a series of evil experiences and encounters on and off for years, so if you think this is an attack than bring it to a priest, pray much,and don't freak out about it.

Evil is real, but look to our Lord and fear not.
(12-15-2015, 03:45 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 12:58 PM)MeanGene Wrote: You should probably seek out a good orthodox priest for advice. I have to admit I had to look up the term succubus so I'm not going to be much help. In regards to Renatus Frater asking you not to joke I would just point out that although your intent may not be to joke you do seem to have a very cavalier tone in all of your posts that I have read (including your OP above) so I wouldn't necessarily blame him if he thought you were joking.

I thought I was smart when I read that you had to look up “succubus” MeanGene. Until I had to look up “cavalier”.  :LOL:

I’m sorry if I come off sounding like I lacked proper concern or acted offhandedly. I just get manic sometimes because of my bipolar depression.

I don’t really want people here to think that I don’t take my Catholic faith seriously because I take it deadly serious.

Don't worry about it. Obviously I'm not trying to question your intent (which I can't ever really know) but instead was trying to point out how you might be coming off to those who are reading your posts. The normal folk nuances of human communication tend to be lost in writing because they exist beyond the general rules of grammar and that can lead to confusion at times because we tend to project different tones and emotions on to the writing of others that they might not have intended.

In regards to your problem with this potential succubus I would reiterate that you should find a solid priest and get advice from him. Make sure you are clear with him about what exactly happened as well as the nature of your bipolar disorder so he can judge more accurately what happened. In the meantime just focus on grounding yourself in prayer and stop speculating about the cause of the event. You should also drop the issue of whether masturbation is a sin.

It's alright to be confused about a teaching of the church, but don't let our cultures obsession with instant answers make you believe that because you aren't understanding what the church says right this instant that the church may be wrong. Be mindful of the fact that issues of moral theology (or any branch of theology) are complex and require careful study. If you don't understand something it doesn't mean you are dumb, but it may mean that you need proper instruction. So when you encounter something that is confusing set it aside until a priest educated in matters of theology can explain it to you.

Remember that our responsibility as Catholics is to avoid sin as best we can, frequent the sacraments as often as we can, and thereby save our souls. God isn't going to damn you or anyone else for failing to understand the inns and outs of every theological controversy. We can't all be Doctors of the church, but we can all become saints and speaking from personal experience I think a lot of committed Catholics forget that distinction.
An ideal time to start praying the Rosary(the fingers just fine).  Brother Andre of Montreal was frequently disrupted while in prayer. He considered the demon who creeped cowardly around his room at floor level while he prayed, a nuisance. Prayer is not only the ideal communication between God and man. Any demon who shouldn't be listening in receives this piercing pain and thus puts a damper on his antics. It calls for intense concentration and determination. One can also repeatedly recite the Our Father,Hail Mary and Glory Be. That will do the trick also.

The thing is not to make these events a focus of your concern while they are occuring, not easy to do I'll admit. Ignore it and start praying. Also make sure you are in the state of grace always. Many such disturbances can be traced to this cause.

Eventually these things leave and seek less disturbing and troublesome outlets for their antics.