Wine
Hey guys, so now that I'm finally having some income kicking in I'm reconsidering some old projects I had in mind for the coming year. One of them is quite mundane—as all projects that necessarily involve money tend to be: to know more about wine.
I'm thinking, if I fast enough during the month, maybe a good bottle per month or per two months.

So, does anyone know a good work on the subject? Also, I'd appreciate something Catholic, and as a fan of medieval symbolism, does it have any symbolic system, some philosophy behind it? (I'd hate for it to be just a mundane project).

I'm pretty sure there are some good drinkers here.  :P
Not exactly what you're looking for, but both of these are excelent books on enjoying adult beverages from a Catholic viewpoint.

[Image: 51jc1fO%2BnnL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whiskey, & Song: A Spirited Look at Catholic Life & Lore from the Apocalypse to Zinfandel

[Image: 51ZXZVYYnWL._SX396_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Drinking with the Saints: The Sinner's Guide to a Holy Happy Hour
(12-15-2015, 04:53 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: Not exactly what you're looking for, but both of these are excelent books on enjoying adult beverages from a Catholic viewpoint.

[Image: 51jc1fO%2BnnL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

The Bad Catholic's Guide to Wine, Whiskey, & Song: A Spirited Look at Catholic Life & Lore from the Apocalypse to Zinfandel

[Image: 51ZXZVYYnWL._SX396_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Drinking with the Saints: The Sinner's Guide to a Holy Happy Hour

I'll definitely second the Zmirak book. I wish he would post here--such a funny and knowledgable guy, though I think that he has calmed down in the past few years, i.e., become a bit more of an establishment guy, if you will.