What Do You Believe About the Third Secret Of Fatima?
(12-21-2015, 10:19 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 10:07 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I see. I just have a couple of more question for further clarification. Firstly and most importantly. Is this function question of yours the primary stumbling block keeping you from returning to the Church?

No, it's only the fundamental one.  It's the one that I have the most subjective interest in.  Built on top of that is that Yahweh was a genocidal, racist war god.  The OT is verifiably inaccurate, and inaccurate in ways that accuracy would be necessary to begin to believe in divine inspiration.  I reject original sin, since we know that predatory animals existed before the human species.  Death existed before we were around to sin, so the only way original sin could exist is if it were retroactive, and universal, something no other sin has ever been able to do.  And Christianity provides no greater proof for its veracity than any other religion can.  Those are the main things, everything else I think are corroborating details.  Ultimately, deism is the only worldview that I think makes sense with what man can know about the world.

You still need to read C.S. Lewis' The Problem of Pain. He actually addresses original sin and how it might come about in a species that has evolved.
I read it last year.  I don't remember what he said about that, I wish it had made a more lasting impression.  Maybe I need to re-read it, although I think it was about this same reason that you suggested I read that and the Kreeft book.  I'm just assuming since I don't really remember, but I imagine I must not have found what they had to say useful for my experience if I am still suffering in the same spot.
(12-21-2015, 01:43 AM)TradCathYouth Wrote: To get back on topic, I do believe that only part of the Third Secret was revealed, and that the other half is still being hidden. However, the important part for the laity is to follow what is known about Fatima, namely the daily Rosary, reparation, First Saturdays, consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and constant prayers for Our Lady's requests to be fulfilled, especially the Consecration of Russia. If you can get others to join you, even better!

I with you all the way on this post TradCathYouth! No doubt only half of the vision was released. They are keeping the most important half from us. Read the following and don't forget to pray and do penance TradCathYouth as the Angel commands:

At the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'.