Melkite/Might 4 Right
(12-21-2015, 11:43 PM)Melkite Wrote: I can't without resolving everything, or else I'd be lying to myself.  I went to confession and communion last week, and I felt dead inside because deep down I don't really believe it.

I going to tell you something that's just for you. Take it for what's its worth.
Nobody really understands how horrible scared you have been. If anything the people closes to you mock and try to minimise this horrible mutilation inflicted on you not as an adult who could possible defend himself but as an innocent and pure child of God.

The tragic thing is that the people who God charged with protecting you just sat there and did nothing, absolutely nothing, to protect you from those monsters who did this to you. They will have hell to pay for what they put you through Melkite. You will then understand the beauty of Gods just vengence!!!

Melkite if you do that little act of charity for Tracy that I asked you to do. I promise you that you will not only get back your foreskin but you WILL BE restored to wholeness for all the past 35 years and not only will your memories be rewritten but they will be replaced with heavenly images.

So please Melkite do what I tell you. I will be watching for your post over in the Pig Roast section in the thread titled A Long Overdue Christmas Gift for Tracy! If you do this Melkite I promise you one day soon you will be restored to wholeness again.

You won't find many doctors with a guarantee like that! What do you have to lose at this point melkite. What a few bucks and a little pride to swallow. You and I knew you've swallowed worse. :LOL: Just make sure you post a picture of what you ordered so we can all see it.

(12-22-2015, 12:48 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I going to tell you something that's just for you. Take it for what's its worth.
Nobody really understands how horrible scared you have been. If anything the people closes to you mock and try to minimise this horrible mutilation inflicted on you not as an adult who could possible defend himself but as an innocent and pure child of God.

The tragic thing is that the people who God charged with protecting you just sat there and did nothing, absolutely nothing, to protect you from those monsters who did this to you. They will have hell to pay for what they put you through Melkite. You will then understand the beauty of Gods just vengence!!!

Melkite if you do that little act of charity for Tracy that I asked you to do. I promise you that you will not only get back your foreskin but you WILL BE restored to wholeness for all the past 35 years and not only will your memories be rewritten but they will be replaced with heavenly images.

So please Melkite do what I tell you. I will be watching for your post over in the Pig Roast section in the thread titled A Long Overdue Christmas Gift for Tracy! If you do this Melkite I promise you one day soon you will be restored to wholeness again.

You won't find many doctors with a guarantee like that! What do you have to lose at this point melkite. What a few bucks and a little pride to swallow. You and I knew you've swallowed worse. :LOL: Just make sure you post a picture of what you ordered so we can all see it.

Done.  Now put up or shut up :D
Are you really promising him that his foreskin will grow back if he buys something from a certain store?

This is getting weird...
(12-22-2015, 01:34 AM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: Are you really promising him that his foreskin will grow back if he buys something from a certain store?

This is getting weird...

I know he can't keep his promise.  I only bought the mug because I've been meaning to send Tracy some money for a while any way.

And who knows.  Maybe I'm wrong, Might 4 Right is an angel from God and can really keep the promise if I just throw out a mustard seed of faith.  I'm not holding my breath on that one, though, lol.
(12-22-2015, 01:28 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 12:48 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I going to tell you something that's just for you. Take it for what's its worth.

Done.  Now put up or shut up :D

If you only knew how happy you just made me Melkite Thank you so so much my brother !
(12-22-2015, 01:40 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: If you only knew how happy you just made me Melkite Thank you so so much my brother !

Now let's see if you can make me happy.  Don't call me brother again until I'm uncircumcised.
Melkite, I didn't think you thought it was likely. I just found it an odd offer.

If you don't mind me interjecting into the main argument here, I am a convert from atheism. Doubt has been a part of my faith for so long it astounds me sometimes that there are people who believe without doubt, and also that there are those who think doubts make one an atheist.

I may be wrong about this, and I am open to correction/ explanation from the Church. However, if doesn't surprise me that the Old Testament includes elements of Canaanite paganism. God is well beyond our understanding, and he is well beyond the understanding of your average Hebrew slave in Egypt as well. If every name by which they called him is the name of a pagan deity, I think "why wouldn't it be?"

I figure paganism itself is distortions of the actions of the true God, or other spirits (angels, demons, etc). So when the True God reveals himself to a people, they will recognize in him aspects of their pagan gods. After all, their gods are based ultimately on their (faulty) understanding of Him.

As for the texts, I don't know. But I figure that, at the very least, they are part of our scripture because they demonstrate the nature of life before Christ's life.  I don't know to what extent we must believe, as Catholics, that ever word is literally true. I know it varies by text.

Regarding circumcision, it strikes me that it is quite a good symbol of God's ownership over His people's generations and reproductive lives. That a Jewish man would think about being Jewish whenever he went to reproduce, and be reminded of the covenant.  In regards to the cruelty of it, I really do believe that this is a matter of perception. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I am married and was circumcised as a baby, and I don't notice anything amiss. It seems far from the bleak picture you paint. I think perhaps you need to talk to a solid, realistic therapist (no regression, etc, which I have heard from some people close to me can be quite deceptive.). I will pray for you and hope you do well.  If you could, please pray for me as well, because it is hard for anyone raised with no God to have faith, even if reason and experience tell me God must be real.
(12-22-2015, 02:08 AM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: Regarding circumcision, it strikes me that it is quite a good symbol of God's ownership over His people's generations and reproductive lives. That a Jewish man would think about being Jewish whenever he went to reproduce, and be reminded of the covenant.

I don't know that this would actually happen much.  I mean, it sounds logical.  But how many circumcised men in America, who are not circumcised for any good reason, think about the fact that they are circumcised when they have sex?  I imagine that for most Jewish men who were circumcised before they can remember, and have never known anything different, when they are having sex they would be thinking more about how hot their wife was making them rather than "Oh, look at me, I'm marked with the covenant to make more Jews."  Sorry for making it sound silly.

Quote: In regards to the cruelty of it, I really do believe that this is a matter of perception. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I am married and was circumcised as a baby, and I don't notice anything amiss. It seems far from the bleak picture you paint.

Think about it with me for a minute.  Let's say for the sake of argument that we agreed something was amiss.  If you were circumcised as a baby, how would you know?  I mean, if no one ever told you the most sensitive part of your penis was cut off when you were a baby, how would you know anything was wrong?

Now imagine you were born color blind.  Not full colorblind, let's just say red-green color blind.  You are aware that red and green exist, and that you're not able to see them.  But you can see blue, orange, yellow, purple, black, white, grey, brown.  Imagine seeing the trees in autumn: yellow, orange, and burnt, cruddy brown.  It still would seem pretty spectacular, right?  But what it, knowing what the blazing red looked like, you could never see it in autumn?  You knew that there was beautiful, vibrant, blazing red maple trees, but you only could see them as dead brown.  I'm sorry if I'm going into too much detail.  I think it can be easy to see the picture as not bleak when you don't have any experience of anything else and really difficult to imagine anything different if no one tells you there's something different to perceive.  I think most men in this country are never exposed to the idea that they might be missing something of consequence.
This strange fascination with sex organs.

Don't you fellas have a functional mind that can consider things like truth and virtue?
(12-22-2015, 12:48 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: The tragic thing is that the people who God charged with protecting you just sat there and did nothing, absolutely nothing, to protect you from those monsters who did this to you. They will have hell to pay for what they put you through Melkite. You will then understand the beauty of Gods just vengence!!!

This got me thinking, and this is part of what makes it so painful for me.  Forgiveness is forsaking any right to vengeance.

A long time ago, I studied for a year in Russia.  The day after Thanksgiving, I read articles about everything that was missing in circumcised men.  This was right around the time that I started to realize foreskin restoration can only stretch the skin, but doesn't grow any of the lost nerve endings or structures back.  Up until that point, I had believed that with a little effort, I could make myself uncircumcised again.  I hadn't realized yet that what was gone was gone forever and that there was absolutely nothing I could ever do to get it back.  I was completely devastated.  So I sent a long, angry email to my mother telling her about how upset I was and that I didn't want her to be a part of my life any more because of how terribly it hurt me.  As I'm sure you can imagine, that broke her heart.  What good mother's heart wouldn't be broken when their firstborn child tells them they never want to see her again?  Well, that lasted for two or three days.  As much as I hated my mother for having me circumcised, I couldn't bear to make her suffer.  I apologized and said I wasn't in my right mind about it and that I was just really upset.  But I still fantasize about abandoning my parents, cutting myself off from them because they cut off a part of me.  And in part that's also why I want to forsake Christ.  My father was raised Jewish, and he wanted me to be circumcised in case I grew up and wanted to be Jewish.  Well, obviously, I hate circumcision, and so now I despise Judaism because I am marked with my father's religion and there's nothing I can ever do about it.  I want to cut myself off from God because he cut off part of me.  Sometimes I wonder why I can't just disappear and never see any of them ever again.  People who were abused by their parents cut themselves off from them because of the hurt, why would it be wrong for me to do the same?  But I can never bring myself to do it, I guess in part because they meant well, even if ignorantly.  But the part that really kills me, that gives me the most gut-wrenching, sick to my stomach despair...it's not that the experience of being uncircumcised was stolen from me and is lost to me for eternity. It's not that someone violated my will and did this to me before I was old enough to say no, as horrible as those both are.  It's forgiveness, and everything that that entails.  According to Christianity, unless I forgive, God will never forgive me for the wrong things I have done.  Forgiveness isn't accepting someone's apology.  It's holding someone debt free.  It's renouncing any right to retribution for the injustices perpetrated against you.  My circumcision was unjust.  It was a violation of my free will and a violation of my sovereignty.  It was truly a form of rape.  I would give up almost anything to never have been circumcised, to have been born to another family in another country where I never would have been circumcised and I could just take it for granted.  Forgiveness isn't just renouncing my desire for the perpetrators to pay, it's renouncing the right to have my circumcision undone.  It's renouncing the right to have my history rewritten.  So that is why circumcision is so devastating to me, because there is almost nothing I want in this world more than to just be uncircumcised.  And unless I forsake that, if Christianity is true, I am assured eternity in hell for holding onto a demand for retribution.  Having my circumcision undone is retribution.  God allowed me to be born into my family perfectly by chance, he had no great plan for me to be born specifically when and where I was.  So, for no other reason than I was born with the short straw by chance, my entire eternity is dependent upon me forsaking what never should have been taken from me in the first place.  By a mere accident of history none of this could have ever happened.  This makes me hate God with every fiber of my being, if God really is Yahweh.  If Christ is true, I truly think there is no hope for me.  I will never be able to let go of this.