Conversations with my family

(12-21-2015, 05:45 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: Why did your parents convert in the first place, from what religion, and how long ago? In my experience, it's odd to see converts talk like this, since they saw enough value in Catholicism to want to go through the effort of formally converting (which often involves family opposition itself).  Finding out why they first fell in love with the faith might help you figure out how to rekindle that love.

If all else fails, don't stop praying :)

My mom converted with my Dad. She's never been real religious. My dad is more religious and knowledgable but won't make an effort to go to Church because my mother doesn't want to. My dad was raised Mormon and he hated it and though it was lunacy so he left the faith and ended up converting to Catholicism. I think his disdain for being real into it was because how strict Mormonism was. Also they converted when they moved to saint Louis and it's the biggest thing here. Almost everyone is Catholic but no one is really actually catholic if you know what I mean (neo cats, liberals, and cafeteria catholics everywhere) so part of the conversion might be from the majority pressure. It would be like living in Oklahoma and being around 90% baptists. I mean we went to church and all that when I was a child but once I was confined and moved went to Catholic Highschool we stopped going. It was always a social thing for my mother. Not a religious obligation. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Sequentia - 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by dahveed - 12-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Poche - 12-23-2015, 12:50 AM