Conversations with my family
DeoDuce,
I understand, as I think many others here do. In my case, a lot is my fault, and I try to bear the changes meekly. I'm the elder brother of four, sons of two converts. Mom, from a fundamentalist church of the week, my dad is a presbyterian minister's son and grandson. They're still married and Catholic, but their parish is one of those wherein one finds, ahem, liturgical dance. Still, I have asked for them to come to a low Mass with me sometime, and was told yes.
I'm 52, and my brothers and I were raised in the mess that was the sixties, seventies, eighties. Out of us, one is agnostic, one (I think) is lutheran (he married one, as well), one goes to Mass. The latter brother's wife calls me uber Catholic, though she's not trying to be pejorative. They also remember the me that went from trying to discern a vocation at 14 to playing in rock bands all through the eighties, with a lifestyle that would have earned a place in Hell.
From that to yet another secular joe, who finally began making his way back about ten years ago, in large part because I had become a freeper, and was exposed to items from Vox, used in arguments against protestantism. I'm feeding my brood from hand to mouth these days, but if I had a million, Vox would have to have most of it, just for that. Anyway, forget my rambling.
When you have these conversations with your family, remember that they are your family. Pray for them. You could offer mortifications for them. Remember Saint Monica and Saint Augustine. Yes, it's frustrating. But we cannot compel others to see the truth. We can talk with them, yes. We can show them, et cetera. We can pray and offer up for them. Have you thought about having Masses said for them?

Messages In This Thread
Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Sequentia - 12-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:19 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by DeoDuce - 12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by dahveed - 12-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Ptochos - 12-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Re: Conversations with my family - by Poche - 12-23-2015, 12:50 AM