Finding a Mass for Christmas
(12-22-2015, 10:21 PM)Dave01 Wrote: I grew up in a small farming town near Winnipeg, and was actually at the SSPX chapel for Christmas last year!

It's the best option, and I didn't regret it, even though I was still on the fence vis a vis the SSPX last year.

I would recommend going there in the strongest terms.

I would really like to try the SSPX chapel! I have heard great things about it from another FE, but this is something I need to respect my husband's wishes on. I will talk to him again though.

(12-23-2015, 12:42 AM)Poche Wrote: I always tell the children of the catechism class that when you travel the two very important questions to ask are, "Where is the Catholic Church?" and "What is the mass schedule?"

LOL, that's us! We even go to Mass when we're camping. There's a poor priest we've been following around the Manitoba countryside - he always seems to get posted to these little rural parishes that have a bunch of missions, and we always seem to be nearby. I'm sure he thinks we're stalking him!
(12-23-2015, 02:10 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: I would really like to try the SSPX chapel! I have heard great things about it from another FE, but this is something I need to respect my husband's wishes on. I will talk to him again though.

Good luck! As others have mentioned, maybe point out that the Vatican has given crystal clear statements that:

1. One fulfill's one's Sunday obligation at an SSPX Mass, and
2. SSPX confessions are valid (at least for the Year of Mercy)

Given these facts, I can't imagine a reason to attend a NO Ordo Mass when there is an SSPX Chapel nearby, regardless of your position on the Society in general. 
(12-23-2015, 02:53 AM)Dave01 Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 02:10 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: I would really like to try the SSPX chapel! I have heard great things about it from another FE, but this is something I need to respect my husband's wishes on. I will talk to him again though.

Good luck! As others have mentioned, maybe point out that the Vatican has given crystal clear statements that:

Given these facts, I can't imagine a reason to attend a NO Ordo Mass when there is an SSPX Chapel nearby, regardless of your position on the Society in general.

Dave, do you know if they have those booklet/missals that can be borrowed to follow with the Mass? I know when I was at St. Ann they had these booklets that were tremendously helpful for us newbies.
(12-23-2015, 12:42 AM)Poche Wrote: I always tell the children of the catechism class that when you travel the two very important questions to ask are, "Where is the Catholic Church?" and "What is the mass schedule?"

Every time I go somewhere Ecclesia Dei is the first site I check.
(12-23-2015, 11:08 AM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 02:53 AM)Dave01 Wrote:

Dave, do you know if they have those booklet/missals that can be borrowed to follow with the Mass? I know when I was at St. Ann they had these booklets that were tremendously helpful for us newbies.

They do indeed! I have actually yet to visit an SSPX chapel without this kind of material.
Our Lady of the Rosary Church (SSPX)  is very beautiful..  I was there one Sunday.  There choir is incredible, there singing really lifts ones heart. 
Merry Christmastide!

Just to update on our Christmas adventure. Due to circumstances, we ended up at the one parish I swore we wouldn't attend. It was horrible. No one there seemed to take it seriously, and consequencely my children did't either. There were a nimber of children in the pews playing on tablets with the sound turned up. A guitar with this weird call and response singing thing going on during the canon. A running commentary from adults sitting behind us.

My husband said he didn't want to expose them to the SSPX at this time and confuse them. I told him it couldn't be worse than what we exposed them to there.

On a positive note, it makes me appreciative of our regular NO parish. For all it's faults, it's nothing like the disaster of a parish this one was.