The Consecration: Russia vs. The World: Yes or No?
(01-13-2016, 02:30 PM)GangGreen Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 01:18 AM)Leonhard Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 05:32 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Well, she said that it had been accepted.  Accepted isn't the same as fulfilled. It could mean that the consecration that was done provided for many graces, but not to the extent of which was promised as it was done in an incomplete sense.

Have you considered that the response of the laity was just too little? I mean its not as if all, or even a tenth of all Catholics are praying a daily rosary to make reperations against her immaculate heart.

Sure, it's possible. but who knows? There is part of me that wonders what 2017 holds though. 100 years. If we are to follow the example of France when commanded to consecrate to the Sacred Heart, we know how bad things can turn out.

It does make me wonder what the significance of France and Russia are though. We once knew France to be the Eldest Daughter of the Church. Russia is more or less the seat of Orthodoxy (largest group by population). France was to be consecrated to the Sacred Heart, Russia to the Immaculate Heart. Interesting mysteries.

That's interesting indeed. As I said another thread I believe each nation has its role, its particular character, etc.

If we are so blessed as to be on the side of the elect in the Last Judgment it will certainly be nice to see each nation being revealed as they are, their particular character inside Christendom, perhaps the hidden unities, etc.
(01-13-2016, 04:08 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 02:30 PM)GangGreen Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 01:18 AM)Leonhard Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 05:32 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Well, she said that it had been accepted.  Accepted isn't the same as fulfilled. It could mean that the consecration that was done provided for many graces, but not to the extent of which was promised as it was done in an incomplete sense.

Have you considered that the response of the laity was just too little? I mean its not as if all, or even a tenth of all Catholics are praying a daily rosary to make reperations against her immaculate heart.

Sure, it's possible. but who knows? There is part of me that wonders what 2017 holds though. 100 years. If we are to follow the example of France when commanded to consecrate to the Sacred Heart, we know how bad things can turn out.

It does make me wonder what the significance of France and Russia are though. We once knew France to be the Eldest Daughter of the Church. Russia is more or less the seat of Orthodoxy (largest group by population). France was to be consecrated to the Sacred Heart, Russia to the Immaculate Heart. Interesting mysteries.

That's interesting indeed. As I said another thread I believe each nation has its role, its particular character, etc.

If we are so blessed as to be on the side of the elect in the Last Judgment it will certainly be nice to see each nation being revealed as they are, their particular character inside Christendom, perhaps the hidden unities, etc.

That's pretty awesome to imagine, how each nation has their role to play; how it's all revealed at the Last Judgement when everything obscure here becomes manifest and clear.
From https://www.ewtn.com/library/papaldoc/consecra.htm :

"In order that Our and your prayers be more readily answered, and to give you an especial attestation of Our particular affection, therefore, just as not many years ago We consecrated the entire world to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin Mother of God, in a most special way, so now We dedicate and consecrate all the peoples of Russia to that same Immaculate Heart, in confident assurance that through the most powerful protection of the Virgin Mary there may, at the earliest moment, be happily realized the hopes and desires which We, together with you and with all those of upright intention, have for the attainment of true peace, of fraternal concord, and of rightful liberty for all: in the first place for the Church, so that through the mediation of the prayer which We raise to heaven in union with you and with all Christian peoples, the saving Kingdom of Christ, which is "a Kingdom of truth and of life, a Kingdom of sanctity and of grace, a Kingdom of justice, of love, and of peace,"[3] may triumph and be firmly established in every part of the world.

And with suppliant appeal We pray the same most loving Mother that she may assist every one of you in the present sad circumstances and obtain from her divine Son heavenly light for your minds, and for your souls that virtue and fortitude by which, with God's grace, you may be able victoriously to overcome impiety and error."

- Pope Pius XII
an excerpt from his Apostolic Letter Carissimis Russiae Populis
On the Immaculate Heart and the People of Russia

The consecration has never been performed according to the Blessed Mother's request at Fatima, but I do believe that the multitude of prayers made by the faithful for the conversion of Russia have had some positive effect.