Millennials have turned away from ‘cool’ Christianity, but traditional churches
(12-28-2015, 06:42 PM)Renatus Frater Wrote: I'm a bit confused why you're listening to a Freemason and reading a anti-Catholic neo-pagan  ???

I kid, of course, but CP is right, and I'm afraid its not just hipsters (which I really don't see that often in Church), but serious, suit wearing opus dei kinda of guys. They adopt a very liberal and timid kind of Catholicism. And of course, many a cool trad will also think its too much when you take it too serious--when you're being too prudish or too monkish.

I don't see the Opus Dei types as being "liberal."  My former bishop was in Opus Dei, and I have a lot of respect for him.  He wasn't exactly a trad, but he was certainly sympathetic- even encouraging- of tradition.  He was also orthodox, reverent, and prayerful.  His efforts gave the diocese the largest ordination class in its history, and I daresay this one was on the whole more orthodox and traditional.  Given how much Satan seems to hate him, I think he did a lot of good here.

I've read some of St. Josemaria Escriva's books, and found them edifying.  I don't think I'm what Opus Dei wants, as I'm not the clean-cut professional type.  I do like that they're strong on moral theology- contraception, abortion, and other "life" issues- and I like that they seem to make good family men and women.  It's difficult to discuss tradition with them, though, because they'll go to such lengths to defend the Novus Ordo and Vatican II.  They often seem to view even polite, respectful criticism of the Novus Ordo, Vatican II, or any evaluation of any statement made by the most recent popes as an attack on the papacy itself and on the Church.  The Opus Dei types aren't perfect, but I'd hardly call them liberal.

Messages In This Thread
Re: - by AntoniusMaximus - 12-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Re: Millennials have turned away from ‘cool’ Christianity, but traditional churches - by Credidi Propter - 12-28-2015, 08:01 PM
re - by AntoniusMaximus - 12-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Re: - by AntoniusMaximus - 12-29-2015, 04:08 PM