Gay marriage thought
(01-08-2016, 06:45 AM)Poche Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 09:41 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: I saw this commercial with gay couples in it whose unions are now considered marriages legally. I wasn't really moved by the commercial until the last couple, who were two middle aged, normal looking guys, who were crying over how much they loved the other, and it moved me a little bit. Now I'm a catholic and love orthodoxy, but am I the only one who feels empathetic for gay couples sometimes? I mean, I'm orthodox, never voted for anything against church teaching (since I only vote to lower taxes basically).
There is a such thing as fraternal love, where two brothers love one another. Not everything has to be gay.

This is a very relevant point, especially considering the fact the objections against the traditional position which our opponents provide seem to often be based on the premise that we traditionalists are opposing "love." After all, who can object to love?

What they fail to understand is that there is love and then there is love. We have no problem accepting that two men or two women can love each other, and can do so passionately and affectionately. One need only look at the example of St. John when he rested his head on the chest of Our Lord. But - and this is a BIG but - such love does not and should not be expressed sexually. Love between two men or two women is not in the same genus as love between a husband and wife, and thus, such fraternal love has a different end and purpose from that of conjugal love. We recognize this in every day experience when we condemn sexual activity between members of the same family as gravely disordered.

The problem with sexual revolutionaries is often of that of equivocation in regard to the term "love." If only we rightly educated our children, we would not have these kinds of problems.
(01-07-2016, 11:18 AM)Papist Wrote: “In 1900, the average life span for a U.S. citizen was 47,”

Ugh, do people really believe this hogwash? Infant and child mortality rates were much higher in those days which brought down the average age. One people got out of childhood they lived to fairly old ages.
(01-08-2016, 05:45 PM)GangGreen Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 11:18 AM)Papist Wrote: “In 1900, the average life span for a U.S. citizen was 47,”

Ugh, do people really believe this hogwash? Infant and child mortality rates were much higher in those days which brought down the average age. One people got out of childhood they lived to fairly old ages.

People tell themselves whatever they want in order to justify their filth, and that is exactly what this article is describing... filth
You can love another man without shoving your erect penis in him!

You want to see love, one that would bring both men to tears...watch the love between the fictional friends of Andy Dufrain and Red from the Shawshank Redemption.

The problem with this society of ours is we cannot seen anything without the lens of lust and sex.
As someone who once supported same-sex "marriage" (sorta a long story) I've stopped letting the "feels" get to me. No one is stopping two people of the same sex from holdings hands, kissing and living together. It's when the benefits talking point enter the picture I loose sympathy for the cause.

I've posted a thread of Ryan T. Anderson vs. Pierce Morgan and Susan Orman. I tried my best to create a transcript of the entire segment. I suggest all to find it through my thread history and read it. It goes from a decent start to groveling of approval and benefits.

I don't get married for "the benefits" (health, combined bank account, taxes). I get married to become one with my wife and with this union, both physically and symbolically, in hope to create children, then it is up to my wife and I to create a certain culture and providence for them and for each other. In other words: This thing called marriage is as natural as the come to people of the opposite sex if they aren't huffing modern thought.

I've had my fair share of bad experiences when debating with supporters of same-sex "marriage" (non-straights, straights) and it taught to me to keep my empathy in check and the sharp corner nearby.

What was shown is outright propaganda. Don't fall for it. I haven't always voted orthodox, but if there's one thing my heart doesn't wilt over it's same-sex "marriage." It once did. Now it doesn't.
(01-08-2016, 05:45 PM)GangGreen Wrote:

I have many interests and I try to seek out like minds in order to delve deeper into them, to learn. I have read many things that make my head scratch -- mostly these were geared towards religion when the interest (movies, fashion) was diverted for whatever reason. Surprisingly a couple were rather good at educating the ignorant (the irony) about whatever cliche argument was used. So yes, people believe in hogwash, granted many think the Bible is hogwash, so it sorta evens out.
(01-07-2016, 09:41 AM)randomtradguy Wrote: I saw this commercial with gay couples in it whose unions are now considered marriages legally. I wasn't really moved by the commercial until the last couple, who were two middle aged, normal looking guys, who were crying over how much they loved the other, and it moved me a little bit. Now I'm a catholic and love orthodoxy, but am I the only one who feels empathetic for gay couples sometimes? I mean, I'm orthodox, never voted for anything against church teaching (since I only vote to lower taxes basically).
There is a such thing as fraternal love, where two brothers love one another. Not everything has to be gay.

True. I'll take that fraternal love and branch off to another aspect of it: male friendship. I was in  a couple of fraternities (one social, one service oriented) while in university. Many think GLO (Greek Letter Organizations) are harmful (they can be) but they provide a couple of personal benefits. Brotherly love was one of them for me in my social. When it came to the co-ed service organization the fraternal care wasn't the same -- and wasn't meant to be the same. Two different organizations with two different bodily makeups and missions.

And yes, from experiences with being in a social fraternity and a co-ed special interest fraternity, men and women are different. They think different. They act different. They react differently to certain situations. Don't be surprised if feelings develop between the sexes when men and women work alongside each other -- whether that's pure animosity or feelings of romance.

Two guys can hug and have their arms around each other without any sexual tension. Two guys can comfort each other if one is experiencing sorrow or turmoil.

Male bonding, non-sexual, is truly unique and often misunderstood.

But the couple in the commercial was a gay couple.
A discussion I just read. About a 17 yr old actress who came out bisexual

Person A: Why do such people feel the need to tell the whole world their business? Who cares?
Person B: Because many so-called straight people unfairly disciminate against people who are attracted to the same gender. When employers, landlords, violent hooligans and those in power no longer care, then no one will bother declaring their sexual orientation. Does the sight of two men holding hands across a table bother you? How about cuddling on a park bench? How about kissing each other casually? If not, good for you. But the struggle is far from over.
Anybody who feels sympathy for the counterfeit love of homosexuals is a victim of systemic brainwashing. The natural response to two men kissing is revulsion and outrage. It is the same moral sense that feels outraged at the unjust abuse of innocents, e.g. widows and orphans. You see it happening to others in fiction or the movies, but you feel it personally as an attack on all of us.

We are all victims of a global campaign that would desensitize us to this most disgusting of human pathologies. What the original poster is feeling is the relief of acquiescence. It is the last line of 1984: "But it was alright, everything was alright, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."