SSPX priests
I know someone who wants to see if the priesthood is for him. He asked me what the daily life of an SSPX priest consists of.  Are American priests assigned in the USA or are they deployed overseas?
Why not go to the source and ask them?

http://sspx.org/en/priesthood/vocation

http://sspx.org/en/publications/dsicernement
There is a Canadian priest in the SSPX house here in Austria who was just ordained. But he was educated at the seminary in Germany. I would assume if you are not bilingual they wouldn't send you abroad to be a priest where you don't speak the language.

(01-09-2016, 03:27 AM)xandratax Wrote: There is a Canadian priest in the SSPX house here in Austria who was just ordained. But he was educated at the seminary in Germany. I would assume if you are not bilingual they wouldn't send you abroad to be a priest where you don't speak the language.

The SSPX sends many priests abroad, even if they do not yet know the language. I know at least a dozen priests who were assigned to a place and had no knowledge of the language before that assignment.

Fortunately, at least in major cities, English is known by at least some people, and one could at least find a translator for a time.

Obviously, only those capable of doing so would be sent, and if of became clear that a priest were unable to sufficiently learn the language to function, another assignment would be made.
As regards the daily life, at the priory the day usually begins at 6 am, Prime at 6:30 followed by about 25 mins of meditation, then Mass. Sext is in common at 12:15, followed by the noon meal. The Rosary is said in common before dinner in the evening, then just before 9 pm is Compline. The free periods would be devoted to teaching in a school, preparing the weekend mission, study, pastoral work and the like, depending on what the particular priest's duties require.

Mission countries will obviously be less structured and require more time away from the priory, but most priests will spend Monday through Friday there. The weekend will be highly variable between priests.

Knowing many SSPX priests, I can assure you that "free time" is never really free. They keep very busy, and even if each priory had 3 extra priests, they would not be hurting for work.