Men: What Does it Feel Like to be Pregnant?
(01-12-2016, 06:07 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: It's not NOT gross, ya know?  I live/grew up in a rural environment, so the "miracle of life" is something I've seen a few times.  However, watching a cow calf doesn't really prepare you for your wife giving birth.  Mostly what I thought during the first one was "Thank God I don't have to do that" and "Please stop crushing my hand, darling wife".

What I really don't get though is the expectation that the father is going to whack the cord.  It's weird.

Cutting the cord didn't bother me. The nurse asked if I wanted to, which really surprised me, so I figured why not. I made the cut, then looked at her and said, "That made me hungry." She turned green and looked horrified until my wife told me to stop messing with the poor lady. Sorry, but my sense of humor can be warped!
(01-12-2016, 06:21 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 06:07 PM)dcmaccabees Wrote: It's not NOT gross, ya know?  I live/grew up in a rural environment, so the "miracle of life" is something I've seen a few times.  However, watching a cow calf doesn't really prepare you for your wife giving birth.  Mostly what I thought during the first one was "Thank God I don't have to do that" and "Please stop crushing my hand, darling wife".

What I really don't get though is the expectation that the father is going to whack the cord.  It's weird.

Cutting the cord didn't bother me. The nurse asked if I wanted to, which really surprised me, so I figured why not. I made the cut, then looked at her and said, "That made me hungry." She turned green and looked horrified until my wife told me to stop messing with the poor lady. Sorry, but my sense of humor can be warped!

Hahahaha

I think if you have sex via those body parts, you can watch a baby be born via them. I think it's only fair. I'm not queasy with that stuff though and also I am sorta interested in medicine/associated topics.
(01-13-2016, 11:50 AM)randomtradguy Wrote:
(01-12-2016, 06:21 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:

Hahahaha

I think if you have sex via those body parts, you can watch a baby be born via them. I think it's only fair. I'm not queasy with that stuff though and also I am sorta interested in medicine/associated topics.

While there's a lot of truth to that, there are parts that are just gross.

For example, the placenta looks, smells and jiggles like raw liver.

And I hate liver. I can't even put in my grocery cart without feeling queasy.
(01-13-2016, 12:05 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: While there's a lot of truth to that, there are parts that are just gross.

But have you tried it with fava beans and a nice chianti? :grin:
(01-13-2016, 12:59 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 12:05 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: While there's a lot of truth to that, there are parts that are just gross.

*snort*

Is that what I'm doing wrong? Although I should probably drink the chianti before cooking it.... ???
(01-13-2016, 09:05 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 12:59 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:

*snort*

Is that what I'm doing wrong? Although I should probably drink the chianti before cooking it.... ???

Movie reference.

I can do liver fried with LOTS of caramelized onions. That's about the only way. Or in cajun dirty rice.
(01-12-2016, 06:21 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Cutting the cord didn't bother me. The nurse asked if I wanted to, which really surprised me, so I figured why not. I made the cut, then looked at her and said, "That made me hungry." She turned green and looked horrified until my wife told me to stop messing with the poor lady. Sorry, but my sense of humor can be warped!

:LOL: I think you may have just had the wrong nurse. I can't speak for everyone, but I work in healthcare, and patients/family members like you make my day! Most of my coworkers enjoy people with a sense of humor too. Maybe the nurse turned green out of concern for you though. Many of us have seen dads innocently say things that start quite a show!

Back to one of Vox's original questions, I am not at all bothered by men or couples saying, "We're pregnant." Sure, men don't carry and birth babies, but pregnancy still profoundly affects them in other ways. There's the added responsibility of providing for another child and his wife's needs in her pregnancy, protecting this new life, trying to sleep in the same bed with someone who gets up every couple hours to eat/use the toilet, caring for the other children when mom is too tired or sick to do so, ect.

I have to say, my husband's fatherhood has changed the way I see him. I'm nearing the end of my first successful pregnancy. As the reality of having this new little person with us has sunk in, I've seen some fatherly instincts develop in him that make me feel even more attracted to him  :)
Congrats on the little one inbound!
[Image: 10530684_706594506056797_484447435910031...e=56FC00EE]
(01-14-2016, 09:15 AM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Congrats on the little one inbound!

Thanks!!!