Live streamed Mass?
Since it's very difficult for me to make it to Latin Mass, due to a combination of distance, times, and crib midgets, I've started trying to watch the FSSP Mass live streamed from Florida during the week (my boss is pretty supportive and typically lets me tune in, work schedule permitting).  Here's the link:

http://www.livemass.net/LiveMass/live.html

Trouble is, the sound quality is a bit fuzzy at times.  Can anyone recommend another site that live streams M-F?  Also, I've heard that when viewing the Mass live (TV or internet) the blessing has the same effect as if one was physically present.  Is there any truth to that?  Or just another rumor?

Thanks in advance, y'all.
www.sgg.org It's a sedevacantist chapel that uses an older Missal and calendar than the 1962 one used by the FSSP but it's not that noticable unless you're a liturgy geek. These guys are probably the most liturgically sound chapel in the world today for a traditional Roman Rite Mass. Check them out if you're not scared away by their theological stance on the papacy.
(01-13-2016, 01:23 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Since it's very difficult for me to make it to Latin Mass, due to a combination of distance, times, and crib midgets, I've started trying to watch the FSSP Mass live streamed from Florida during the week (my boss is pretty supportive and typically lets me tune in, work schedule permitting).  Here's the link:

http://www.livemass.net/LiveMass/live.html

Trouble is, the sound quality is a bit fuzzy at times.  Can anyone recommend another site that live streams M-F?  Also, I've heard that when viewing the Mass live (TV or internet) the blessing has the same effect as if one was physically present.  Is there any truth to that?  Or just another rumor?

Thanks in advance, y'all.

One should make the effort to go to Mass rather than watching it. You cannot compare physically being in the presence of Christ vs. being separated by a TV screen. I'm sure there is some benefit to it regardless (especially on days that you aren't obligated to go), but I wouldn't say it's the same.

Either way, you can also try some of the other locations. I tend to like the Mexican stream. The homily won't be in English, but everything else is the same. 
I can't imagine that watching the Mass live-streamed has the same merit as assisting in person.  However, since your viewing is a prayerful devotional practice, I am sure that there is some merit to watching the stream. 

If you are concerned about the merits, then watching and prayerfully participating in the FSSP stream will be more meritorious than the sedevacantist stream that FB mentioned since a Mass in union with the Church is more meritorious than one not in union with the Church. 

I'm sorry I don't know of any other streams to recommend to you. 
I sometimes watch the Mass on EWTN, its usually not TLM but it's better than most NO Masses out there and it's easy to access.
(01-13-2016, 05:11 PM)Dominicus Wrote: I sometimes watch the Mass on EWTN, its usually not TLM but it's better than most NO Masses out there and it's easy to access.

My grandmother always watched the EWTN Masses (even though she really didn't understand much English). They're not all that bad. If every NO Mass was like EWTN, they'd certainly be more bearable.
I hope all of you are still attending Mass in-person on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation at least.

:grin:

Even the worst, lamest, gayest NO Mass is still the Mass provided the elements are present...namely: a valid male priest, intent, matter, and form....though some places, you're better off attending an EO probably.
Thanks for the tips.

(01-13-2016, 01:49 PM)GangGreen Wrote: One should make the effort to go to Mass rather than watching it. You cannot compare physically being in the presence of Christ vs. being separated by a TV screen. I'm sure there is some benefit to it regardless (especially on days that you aren't obligated to go), but I wouldn't say it's the same.

Either way, you can also try some of the other locations. I tend to like the Mexican stream. The homily won't be in English, but everything else is the same.

Absolutely! Don't get me wrong; my family and I go to Mass every Sunday. It is a NO parish, but thankfully a reverent one. Majority receives the Eucharist by mouth, many mantillas, etc. Approaching the EWTN level of solemnity. If all NO Masses were that reverent, there'd be no issue. The issue is that a 35 mile (minimum ) drive in DC area traffic with four younguns for Mass at noon or 130 isn't conducive to a prayerful and holy experience. They get hungry, tired, etc. Not making excuses, but it's my cross for the next few years. And yes, watching via computer is no replacement for being there in person. 
Yeah, the EWTN Masses are not too bad....

If you have a Roku player, there's also Notre Dame TV. They're also a Sed group, but they have a pretty cool channel. They have the TLM and traditional devotions everyday. They also have lots of really interesting programming, some not related directly to the Church (for example, they had a documentary on how Steinway pianos were made... by hand!) but "wholesome" if you want to call it that.
(01-13-2016, 07:50 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Thanks for the tips.

(01-13-2016, 01:49 PM)GangGreen Wrote: One should make the effort to go to Mass rather than watching it. You cannot compare physically being in the presence of Christ vs. being separated by a TV screen. I'm sure there is some benefit to it regardless (especially on days that you aren't obligated to go), but I wouldn't say it's the same.

Absolutely! Don't get me wrong; my family and I go to Mass every Sunday. It is a NO parish, but thankfully a reverent one. Majority receives the Eucharist by mouth, many mantillas, etc. Approaching the EWTN level of solemnity. If all NO Masses were that reverent, there'd be no issue. The issue is that a 35 mile (minimum ) drive in DC area traffic with four younguns for Mass at noon or 130 isn't conducive to a prayerful and holy experience. They get hungry, tired, etc. Not making excuses, but it's my cross for the next few years. And yes, watching via computer is no replacement for being there in person.

Not sure how close you are to DC, but there are also a bunch of TLMs in Northern Virginia.
http://www.ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm#Virginia