Rare 1931 video of G. K. Chesterton speaking at Holy Cross College
Drmaccabees - THANK YOU for this. Thrilling to see - I wonder if there's any more like it.

Although I'm more of a diehard Bellocian than a Chestertonian, I do love GKC, too, and it was very special to see this.

Does anyone know of any more - or indeed of Belloc. (I know of Belloc recording his songs. I suspect that is the only surviving audio or video footage - but I would love to be proved wrong!
Iv always wanted to hear his voice! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-14-2016, 07:33 AM)Roger Buck Wrote: Drmaccabees - THANK YOU for this. Thrilling to see - I wonder if there's any more like it.

Although I'm more of a diehard Bellocian than a Chestertonian, I do love GKC, too, and it was very special to see this.

Does anyone know of any more - or indeed of Belloc. (I know of Belloc recording his songs. I suspect that is the only surviving audio or video footage - but I would love to be proved wrong!

I wish that there were more, but they've eluded me so far...
Belated thanks for this, too, drmaccabees. As I said, I knew of the HB songs recording, but I'm very, very grateful and moved to discover this from GKC!
"I am not much of a Crusader, but at least I am not a Mohammedan."

These days, if he said that, there would likely be an outcry for his "intolerance."