8 Beautiful Churches that Have Been Converted to Secular Uses
(01-14-2016, 01:50 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 08:52 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: .... but you gotta admit, #1 (the skate park) is really cool....

The cieling looks kind of scary to me.

I think it's neat. I mean, thematically the images are not Christian, but from an asthetic point of view it's very interesting.

That being said... why is it a big deal if these buildings are repurposed? Am I missing something?
It just seems wrong to take something sacred and repurpose it for something not just secular, but profanely secular. Especially the private home. The idea of people doing the horizontal mambo where once sat the altar and tabernacle truly makes my colon  cringe.
(01-14-2016, 05:57 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 01:50 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 08:52 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: .... but you gotta admit, #1 (the skate park) is really cool....

I think it's neat. I mean, thematically the images are not Christian, but from an asthetic point of view it's very interesting.

That being said... why is it a big deal if these buildings are repurposed? Am I missing something?

Well how would you feel if your mother's gravestone was repurposed into a urinal?
(01-14-2016, 09:02 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 05:57 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 01:50 AM)Dominicus Wrote: [quote='PrairieMom' pid='1302553' dateline='1452732776']
.... but you gotta admit, #1 (the skate park) is really cool....

Well how would you feel if your mother's gravestone was repurposed into a urinal?
[/quote

Unfortunately, gravestones are used as urinals all the time. Do I like it? Probably not, but it's only the stone. If they dug up the grave and danced around with the bones, I would probably have a bigger issue.