Those who resist change are obstinate rebels and idolaters and are guilty of "di
Those who resist change are obstinate rebels and idolaters and are guilty of "divination"!

So says "Pope Francis".  How long O lord do we have to endure this blatant heretic???  Where are the Cardinals and Bishops that will stand up and denounce this evil man?  This latest sputum from Rome pretty much exposes Francis  as far as i am concerned as to who and what he is and the kindest expression of that is to say he is stark raving insane.... or much worse :(  Its just so  very  sad :( to be living in the midst of all of this diabolical disorientation,  I pray that the faithful  will somehow survive the mess we are all in, especially if we are  really living in the very last of days. Its looking more and more to me that we actually are.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2016/01....html#more
He's saying something good on the one hand: openness to the inspirations of the Holy Ghost, which may surprise us at times, and that a closed heart will drive away God's grace, both individually and communally.

However, his application to matters of tradition needs a lot of work. It remains quite unclear: who discerns? how shall we discern properly? what are the mechanisms to protect or allow for proper discernment? what is the scope of this openness, and what is the force of various elements of tradition?

One can just as easily apply the accusations of divination, obstinacy, and idolatry to those who make "change" their god and refuse to "discern" the movements of the Holy Ghost Who wishes to protect tradition (surprising as it may be to some!), so aside from the obvious intended rhetorical effect, I don't see how these kinds of remarks are actually edifying unfortunately.
(01-18-2016, 12:55 PM)richgr Wrote: He's saying something good on the one hand: openness to the inspirations of the Holy Ghost, which may surprise us at times, and that a closed heart will drive away God's grace, both individually and communally.

However, his application to matters of tradition needs a lot of work. It remains quite unclear: who discerns? how shall we discern properly? what are the mechanisms to protect or allow for proper discernment? what is the scope of this openness, and what is the force of various elements of tradition?

One can just as easily apply the accusations of divination, obstinacy, and idolatry to those who make "change" their god and refuse to "discern" the movements of the Holy Ghost Who wishes to protect tradition (surprising as it may be to some!), so aside from the obvious intended rhetorical effect, I don't see how these kinds of remarks are actually edifying unfortunately.

The Popes track record speaks for itself.  What he says and what he does is not Catholic.  If Catholics  who  allegedly take the FAITH seriously will keep making excuses for the inexcusable , more than likely, they
will be directly responsible  for a longer duration back to sanity and a return to a True Catholic Church.
I love how he refers to the argument as "it's always been done that way." No traditionalist uses that argument.  They give quotes from scripture, saints, theologians, canon law, ecumenical councils, among others. His whole spiel appeals to no recognized Church authority or accepted theological thought process and instead appeals to modernist nonsense.
Man, its getting worse everyday. I suppose the pope must have some opposition to be radicalized in this manner.

The impression I have, though, is that hardly anyone is paying attention to him anymore. Even the secular media treats him asjust another world leader, with his quirks and whatnot.
Ironically, the novelty of his absurdities have wear off.
Has Jimmy Akin and Mark Shea given up yet?

Man it must be exhausting trying to cover up for Francis.  I wonder what Fr Hesse would think of the "two worm-ridden popes" given the current pontificate.  If there is a more heterodox pope.

Deux pape ver monté
I have stopped trying to decode Pope Francis. Vatican II double speak,  masonic innuendo, liberation theology, modernist heresy, i give up. I have 1962 years of pre vatican 2 theology, all of the previous Popes, and the Magisterium and Saints to guide me. I refuse to be brought down by these modernists. Somebody wake me when its over.
You know, it is true that he doesn't state exactly what he has in mind regarding "resisting change."  While Pope Francis clearly is not in the habit of speaking clearly and concisely, and clearly he is not a very good formal theologian, seriously he's not as bad as some people for some reason want to believe!
(01-19-2016, 12:16 AM)Joseph11 Wrote: You know, it is true that he doesn't state exactly what he has in mind regarding "resisting change."  While Pope Francis clearly is not in the habit of speaking clearly and concisely, and clearly he is not a very good formal theologian, seriously he's not as bad as some people for some reason want to believe!

ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:.... er uh  sorry heh...thought your were serious for moment ........ ???... you were just kidding  right ??? ???

Oh and btw the only thing i am interested in is this strange thing called reality and TRUTH.  check it out sometime.  One more thing, in no way do i WANT to believe  the hard cold reality of Francis, it pains me  greatly to have to face the reality of what is  going on in Rome these days let alone the suffering Church.  I would love to be able to put on those Rose colored glasses some seem to be so ably wearing and live in lala land but i just cant, the truth is just so painfully obvious to most of us these days.  We just have to pick up our Cross and carry on, by the Grace of God.
I think that would depend on the change that you are talking about.
??? ??? ???