Jesuits and Homosexuality
http://torontocatholicwitness.blogspot.c...r.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Society of Jesus is completely corrupt .The Pope should dissolve it, excommunicate its members and confiscate its assets. Then its former members could be free to join the gay brothel or buddhist club of their preference.
(01-19-2016, 12:39 PM)KurutzeMaitea Wrote: The Society of Jesus is completely corrupt .The Pope should dissolve it, excommunicate its members and confiscate its assets. Then its former members could be free to join the gay brothel or buddhist club of their preference.

Unless its assets were donated by the Pope, what right would he have to confiscate them?
(01-19-2016, 12:44 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 12:39 PM)KurutzeMaitea Wrote: The Society of Jesus is completely corrupt .The Pope should dissolve it, excommunicate its members and confiscate its assets. Then its former members could be free to join the gay brothel or buddhist club of their preference.

Unless its assets were donated by the Pope, what right would he have to confiscate them?

I think in principal, assets of the order belong to the Church not just the particular order. So if the order is dissolved, property and assets would transfer to the Vatican for administration.

(I'm only guessing... that seems likely to me)
It's one thing to ask for the dissolution of a failing and perhaps mostly failed religious order. It's another thing to seemingly imply a desire that some of its former members, who are struggling with their disorders, just wallow in sinfulness. That strikes me as almost like wanting someone to go to hell.
(01-19-2016, 01:00 PM)PrairieMom Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 12:44 PM)Melkite Wrote:

I think in principal, assets of the order belong to the Church not just the particular order. So if the order is dissolved, property and assets would transfer to the Vatican for administration.

(I'm only guessing... that seems likely to me)

I don't believe this is the case for every order, but rather that the property does belong to the order. Of course, to what extent the pope has power over the property or what happens to it if the order is dissolved is a bit unclear--for instance, remember the confusion with the early Franciscans, and, on the other hand, the dissolution of the Knights of Templar.

In a deeper sense, though, yes, the property of the religious orders do belong to the Church in the sense that it is communal property and not private property. Say, a priest should not use a beautiful chasuble and golden chalice to show off, but for the glory of God and the benefit of the people. The same goes for the cathedrals (which hardly belong to the bishop), churches, etc.
This puts the matter of the wreckvocation under a much more sinister light: destroying the churches is not only robbery but its a destruction of the common good. In a sense its a crime laesa patria.

By the way, the questions the article asks--has the Jesuits been taken over and have militant homosexuals infiltrated the Vatican--should be one of those "is the pope Catholic" for modern times.

(01-19-2016, 05:56 PM)richgr Wrote:
It's one thing to ask for the dissolution of a failing and perhaps mostly failed religious order. It's another thing to seemingly imply a desire that some of its former members, who are struggling with their disorders, just wallow in sinfulness. That strikes me as almost like wanting someone to go to hell.

Furthermore you can't mass excommunicate all of them because although the order is corrupt not every Jesuit is corrupt. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Either dissolve the order, or do a massive, exhaustive inquisition that excommunicates the sodomites.

I prefer the latter, a lot of good holy men came from that order, which is why it is so thoroughly corrupt.  Satan hates holy orders.

Newsflash: the Pope is one of them.
The Jesuits have always been controversial. They were full of novelty when they started and they are still novel today. That being said there have always been and probably still are some really good and decent Jesuits. I've never been a fan of the Spiritual Exercises with their use of visualization and imagination in prayer, nor the Jesuits liturgical non chalance and disdain for the Office--- two aspects of the Order that have been there from the start.

They always attracted some of the best and brightest, but also the most out there and weird, adventerous and  legalistic of characters.

The Order under Pedro Arrupe just injected the Spirit of the Council into an already novel religious way of doing things.  In my opinion it ought to be reformed from within or suppressed. Sadly though, there's no indication in today's climate that will be possible.