Two news from the Vatican
So, two news from the Vatican: group of Lutheran clergyfolk received communion in St. Peter's Basilica: here and here.

Now Francis changed the rites of Maundy Thursday foot washing to include women here.
Of course this does not affect the EF, and after the washing of the feet of not only a woman but a mohammedan woman and then a travesty this is vanilla.

At the end of the day, after a few days not practicing religion that much, I'm left wondering if there's anything at all left in Catholicism. I'm left with the impression its just about a feel good religion, no different from anything a liberal might come up with--the old moralistic therapeutic deism. And that sickens me. Even though I'm pretty much worthless, in a very dramatic, calvinistic sense, I still want the full religion. Wasn't it (and I'm not really sure) Cardinal Newman who said that if one wants decent people one should go to the Anglican Church, in the Catholic Church there's just sinners and saints.

If anyone would, please spare a bit of an Ave for me, will you.
It didn't seem appropriate to "Like" your post, so instead of just hitting that button, I'll comment to say that I agree with your lamentation.
I think the greatest test to the few these days, will be to have faith and remain obedient in the face of something like this.

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us. Ave.
Sadly, it wouldn't be the first time in the Catholic world someone was given Holy Communion who should not have, even if it seems (is?) worse that it happened in St. Peter's.  Just because some people sinned, doesn't mean you have to sin. So prayers for you (and them)!

If the footwashing is understood to symbolize the institution of the priesthood, then obviously it makes no sense. The decree gives it a different signification which would make sense to permit the inclusion of women.  Honestly, I don't know the history of the rite or how it's meaning was established, etc. other than Christ washed the feet of the apostles ("Scripture says "disciples"), who were men.

What's interesting, though, is washing the feet of non-Christians would still violate the new decree.  According to the decree, the people selected to have their feet washed are to be from the "People of God" or "the faithful." These are defined by the Church as the baptized:

"The Christian faithful are those who, inasmuch as they have been incorporated in Christ through baptism, have been constituted as the people of God."
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_PT.HTM
Wow. Just wow. He is the pope, and I hope and I realize this is hopefully part of God's plan, but this is really something else. I'm normally not one to criticize the pope, but this is really pushing the limits here.
(01-21-2016, 03:41 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: What's interesting, though, is washing the feet of non-Christians would still violate the new decree.  According to the decree, the people selected to have their feet washed are to be from the "People of God" or "the faithful." These are defined by the Church as the baptized:

"The Christian faithful are those who, inasmuch as they have been incorporated in Christ through baptism, have been constituted as the people of God."
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_PT.HTM

I'm not no sure you're right to use the Church's definition here.  Francis told us a few days ago that "the one certainty we have for all" is that "all are children of God."  So, there's that.
I feel your pain RF. Its very disheartening. At the same time I have yet to despair and refuse to abandon my faith. But Im also very stubborn and I will hang on to the old teaching of the faith. I guess I am always on the border of sede/schismatic position but as of yet I refuse to cross over. Im just a dissident. I remain in communion in Rome. Don't let the devil and all this infiltrators drive you away. Stay strong in the true tradition. In the end it will be the truth that survives, these modernists will fail. They may bring our Church to its knees in the public eye but the true faithful will remain, and therefore the Church will remain.

I shall keep you in my prayers and know that you are not alone in your suffering.
"The report said that at the time of Communion, the Finnish Lutherans put their right hand on their left shoulder to show they could not receive the Eucharist and wanted to receive a blessing instead.

The Finnish Lutheran bishop said the priests distributing Communion ignored the sign and offered the Lutherans Communion anyway."

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/edward-pe...z3xv5Zpy6E

So, from the sounds of it, the Lutherans were more respectful of our religious practices than the priests distributing Communion were. Wow.
I can't help to think we are seeing the unreleased part of the 3rd Secret of Fatima taking place before our eyes

Everyone should read Antonio Socci's book THE 4th SECRET OF FATIMA , google it
:pray: :pray: :pray: