The Weather = Spiritual Warfare?
I found this fascinating. Often, there is bad weather associated with the March for Life.

edit: fascinating... I can't seem to embed it!

go watch it:

edit to the edit: ha ha ha... apparently I was doing something wrong!
It does seem like that, doesn't it? We were going to go to the March for Life, but it's too cold for the little ones with the wind. Then we're supposed to get 18" of snow. That's crippling for this area. We're going to pray at home.
That is very interesting.
I remember listening to Fr. Rippenger talk about how there are demons of the air and angles who have sovereignty given to them by go over the weather and celestial bodies and stuff like that. Very interesting to think that there is possibly something going on in the spiritual world like this.
Why not just have a snow date?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(01-21-2016, 07:49 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Why not just have a snow date?

Logistics, I'd guess. People come to it from all over the country, and changing flights, lodging, etc at the last minute is a real nightmare.
Why not in April ? .. Is there any significance to the date they pick now for the annual event ?
(01-21-2016, 10:54 PM)tucherb Wrote: Why not in April ? .. Is there any significance to the date they pick now for the annual event ?

My thought originally too, but Roe vs. Wade was Jan 22, 1973. So I guess that's why.
For next year, the Catholics of March for Life should send an "advanced team" to pray IN as well as FOR Washington, D.C. at least two or three weeks ahead of time. They don't even need to be public, just can just walk around quietly praying the Rosary, the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus, etc.
If I remember correctly, in a book I read years ago about the angels it was the choir of the Virtues that had particular charge of the weather. Invoking their protection during storms, and other weather related afflictions was highly encouraged.