Catholic professors take stand against Trump’s call for moratorium on Muslim imm
Well consider the location of these Catholic professors-- University of Mercy Detroit. I grew up around there and can tell you that it is an area with a very very high concentration of muslims. If I'm not mistaken metro Detroit ( the Dearborn area especially) has the highest concentration of muslims living outside middle east.

I don't like islam and I do not associate with muslims but I imagine many Catholics in the metro Detroit area have muslim friends and neighbors, and so standing for Trump and his moratorium in that area would stir up trouble, even if it's just hurt between friends. One also cannot forget that in today's Catholic Church ecumenism and open borders rhetoric are par for the course. To be a Catholic professor in a Catholic university today means you tow the party line or you find yourself out of a job.

(01-23-2016, 08:11 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Well consider the location of these Catholic professors-- University of Mercy Detroit. I grew up around there and can tell you that it is an area with a very very high concentration of muslims. If I'm not mistaken metro Detroit ( the Dearborn area especially) has the highest concentration of muslims living outside middle east.

I don't like islam and I do not associate with muslims but I imagine many Catholics in the metro Detroit area have muslim friends and neighbors, and so standing for Trump and his moratorium in that area would stir up trouble, even if it's just hurt between friends. One also cannot forget that in today's Catholic Church ecumenism and open borders rhetoric are par for the course. To be a Catholic professor in a Catholic university today means you tow the party line or you find yourself out of a job.

And that is precisely why this is all so frustrating.  Let's say this situation of Muslim immigration continues to increase, which it inevitably will.  What is everything going to be like 20, 30 years from now?  Liberal naivety thinks these people are no different than Europeans or peaceful Asian immigrants. 

These Muslims don't play around when they get into larger numbers. Oh they will trot out an innocent Muslim kid with the caption of "Will you deport me too?" and all the sentimental mush minded intellectuals will lay prostrate on the ground with self-hating remorse for even being in the same country as those who could think such a thing.

And yet, in Muslims' own words, whether it be in Europe or America, they have made it clear once they feel confident and sizeable enough they are going to use those democratic systems against themselves and those whites of European ancestry will be walking around the rest of their days in fear, wondering how how in the world we got to this point?

All these coward academics and politicians who want to keep their jobs and have Muslim friends are facilitating a situation that is going to be a nightmare for future generations.

How short-sided these cowards are.  How criminal.  How much their children and grandchildren will despise them.
(01-23-2016, 10:43 AM)BC Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 08:11 AM)formerbuddhist Wrote: Well consider the location of these Catholic professors-- University of Mercy Detroit. I grew up around there and can tell you that it is an area with a very very high concentration of muslims. If I'm not mistaken metro Detroit ( the Dearborn area especially) has the highest concentration of muslims living outside middle east.

And that is precisely why this is all so frustrating.  Let's say this situation of Muslim immigration continues to increase, which it inevitably will.  What is everything going to be like 20, 30 years from now?  Liberal naivety thinks these people are no different than Europeans or peaceful Asian immigrants. 

These Muslims don't play around when they get into larger numbers. Oh they will trot out an innocent Muslim kid with the caption of "Will you deport me too?" and all the sentimental mush minded intellectuals will lay prostrate on the ground with self-hating remorse for even being in the same country as those who could think such a thing.

And yet, in Muslims' own words, whether it be in Europe or America, they have made it clear once they feel confident and sizeable enough they are going to use those democratic systems against themselves and those whites of European ancestry will be walking around the rest of their days in fear, wondering how how in the world we got to this point?

All these coward academics and politicians who want to keep their jobs and have Muslim friends are facilitating a situation that is going to be a nightmare for future generations.

How short-sided these cowards are.  How criminal.  How much their children and grandchildren will despise them.

The problem is there is nothing left of Western culture that binds people together in pride and a shared heritage. There's no force strong enough to bind people together to stop this madness.  Even the Catholic Church is-- at least externally-- on life support and infected to its very marrow with the same gangrenous rot that infects the outside culture.
I lived in Ann Arbor, MI, for a couple of years, and I can tell you that Detroit has a very large Muslim population.  Given that backdrop, I don't find it too surprising that she would make a statement like that, if only to save themselves from being targeted by Islamist extremists.  I'm not defending her, but I can understand it somewhat.  That said, I do find it odd that Catholics are defending Muslims' right to worship.  I'd be interested to know, though, in Muslim-majority countries like Pakistan, whether a portion of the local Muslim population would defend Catholics' right to worship.
(01-23-2016, 11:59 AM)AllSeasons Wrote: I'd be interested to know, though, in Muslim-majority countries like Pakistan, whether a portion of the local Muslim population would defend Catholics' right to worship.

Some do, believe it or not:

http://m.christianpost.com/news/pakistan...ch-106103/

But then, from the same country:

http://m.christianpost.com/news/christia...ch-140193/

It's an evil religion though I don't think all muslims are evil. I've come to believe that "moderate" muslims who say islam is peaceful are either unfamiliar with Mo's teachings, or in denial.
The thing is,there are peaceful muslims be they Sunni, Shia or whatever, the problem is that the koran and islamic history actually sanction and allow violence, so the peaceful muslims are really going against the grain within their own religion.

People are people the world over. There is good and evil in all of us. I'm sure there are even some soldiers within ISIS that would be decent when push comes to shove.  The difference between islam and Christianity is that in Christ violence is always a tragedy and an evil,in islam it can be the will of God.

Crusader ethos notwithstanding there is nothing within the New Testament or the annals of the earliest centuries of the Church to suggest God sanctions killing in the name of Jesus. The koran sanctions violence; Mohammed himself went on murderous campaigns.

It's difficult when you are dealing with individual men and not abstract ideas though. Immigration is tough because on one hand islam is utterly foreign and dangerous and alien to our culture,and yet those fleeing places like Syria and Iraq are men,women and children with the same hopes,dreams and mixed motivations as any of us. It's tough really.

(01-23-2016, 03:59 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: People are people the world over. There is good and evil in all of us. I'm sure there are even some soldiers within ISIS that would be decent when push comes to shove.  The difference between islam and Christianity is that in Christ violence is always a tragedy and an evil,in islam it can be the will of God.

This. That sums it up quit well.
Islam is not only a violent religion but its also a carnal religion. Here's what the Doctor of the Church says about it:

Quote:“On the other hand, those who founded sects committed to erroneous doctrines proceeded in a way that is opposite to this, the point is clear in the case of Muhammad. He seduced the people by promises of carnal pleasure to which the concupiscence of the flesh goads us. His teaching also contained precepts that were in conformity with his promises, and he gave free rein to carnal pleasure. In all this, as is not unexpected, he was obeyed by carnal men. As for proofs of the truth of his doctrine, he brought forward only such as could be grasped by the natural ability of anyone with a very modest wisdom. Indeed, the truths that he taught he mingled with many fables and with doctrines of the greatest falsity. He did not bring forth any signs produced in a supernatural way, which alone fittingly gives witness to divine inspiration; for a visible action that can be only divine reveals an invisibly inspired teacher of truth. On the contrary, Muhammad said that he was sent in the power of his arms—which are signs not lacking even to robbers and tyrants.”

here for more quotes from saints.

Its absolutely no wonder muslims are gropers. Gropes and rapes have been happening in the middle east for a very long time (and also in the west, as occasionally reports of police hiding rape cases surface). I remember reading about it when the protests in Egypt were happening. Violence and lust go hand in hand, as they are opposed to love. A person who goes down the path of lust will always seek more violence.

Of course, though as a rule I distrust muslims, there are the occasional good muslim. Just as there are sinners in the Church--and the Church has a good track record even on temporal works. To quote Leo XIII

Quote:The Catholic Church, that imperishable handiwork of our all-merciful God, has for her immediate and natural purpose the saving of souls and securing our happiness in heaven. Yet, in regard to things temporal, she is the source of benefits as manifold and great as if the chief end of her existence were to ensure the prospering of our earthly life. And, indeed, wherever the Church has set her foot she has straightway changed the face of things, and has attempered the moral tone of the people with a new civilization and with virtues before unknown. All nations which have yielded to her sway have become eminent by their gentleness, their sense of justice, and the glory of their high deeds.