My experience so far...
I prefer the TLM, but there are NO Masses that move me every bit as much. Around the Consecration, "the waterworks" start, and this can happen even at a Low Mass in the vernacular on a weekday.

A great deal depends on the priest.

In the parish where I attend the NO Mass, there was (unfortunately he has moved on) a brother of St. John who's voice had such a rare vibrato (totally absent during the rest of the Mass) when he spoke the Words of Concentration, that he made me cry silently every time.
Yes, vinceteipsum, I understand that feeling and have had many of those same feelings of being moved at the NO; however, what's happening with me now is much more than a matter a preference or feelings -- it's the entire prayer and worship being "fitting" that I need...
(02-04-2016, 09:36 AM)vinceteipsum Wrote: I prefer the TLM, but there are NO Masses that move me every bit as much. Around the Consecration, "the waterworks" start, and this can happen even at a Low Mass in the vernacular on a weekday.

A great deal depends on the priest.

In the parish where I attend the NO Mass, there was (unfortunately he has moved on) a brother of St. John who's voice had such a rare vibrato (totally absent during the rest of the Mass) when he spoke the Words of Concentration, that he made me cry silently every time.

This is because Christ is every bit as present at the NO as he at the TLM. The mass, in either forms, is the greatest miracle on earth, in which Christ himself becomes present and desires the most intimate act of communion with us.

This is true even at terribly celebrated NO mass where the Priest is awful and thinks he can make it up as he goes.