Christian/Catholic education ?
one and all have been and are concerned that yesterday's children and today's children have been and are physically and sexually tampered with and yet, it seems, that they are mentally and spiritually tampered with does not seem to  cause any concern - this can only be because parents and school governors are not really aware exactly what is and is not being taught
and hence the confusion and the high fall away rate by school leavers

Religious education = see recent newsletters at http://www.proecclesia.com
Junior education = via google see [Fact vs Faith/textbooks] by creation today
Senior education = via google see [Evolution vs God]
any comments - wincam 
told you so - as expected it seems no one cares or is really concerned - wincam
No, it's more your post makes no sense and I don't have time to try to decipher it.
(02-03-2016, 07:08 PM)PrairieMom Wrote: No, it's more your post makes no sense and I don't have time to try to decipher it.

it is not really about my post but about the internet google links - so here they are to try again and then you will surely get the message as to what is and is not being taught in schools in UK ,USA and elsewhere
Religious education = google recent newsletters at [www.proecclesia.com]
Junior education      = google[Fact vs Faith/textbooks] by creation today
Senior education      = google[Evolution vs God] by Ray Comfort
wincam
http://englishgrammar101.com/

[Image: post-17143-Kahuo5Agif-Tq7U.gif]
Your posts are difficult to understand. I agree with PrairieMom; if your post was more coherent, you would get more replies.
OP with corrected grammar and adjusted syntax and vocabulary

"People everywhere have been growing increasingly concerned that generations of children have been subject to physical and sexually abuse.  Yet the reality that they have been subject to mental and spiritual abuse does not seem to  cause any concern. This  can only be because parents and school governors are not really aware exactly what is and is not being taught in schools. This might explain  the confusion and the high drop out rate of youth.

For more information, see these links and Google searches
Religious education = see recent newsletters at http://www.proecclesia.com
Junior education = via google see [Fact vs Faith/textbooks] by creation today
Senior education = via google see [Evolution vs God]

Direct any comments to wincam"
Even with corrected grammar etc., I'm not sure what to comment about.

On the other hand, this is a very good article on one form of Catholic education: http://www.edocere.org/articles/jesuit_m...cation.htm
I'll take a stab at it.  We have home schooled all of our children. It has always been a challenge. Swimming against the current is never easy. My wife, who has carried the bulk of the task has struggled with feelings of inadequacy- kind of a sense of not knowing how well it was being accomplished.  So for several years in a row we went to adoration and prayed about the decision.  To qualify our situation, we live in a mostly Catholic area demographically, with Catholic grade schools in area towns. We were one of a few local families doing this at first, but now there are many more families choosing this option. There is no longer a Catholic Jr. or high school.

So when I pray I expect God to answer me and give me direction. He has been faithful in this way. What God did the first time we prayed in earnest about this a few years ago, was bring to my mind a situation that had occurred between myself and our then local youth director.  I had been talking to him about some evangelism ideas and we were planning some events. In the ensuing weeks I was snubbed and treated rather rudely by him, so I dropped the issue and went about my business, not so much upset as puzzled and sad. I actually had far more experience with our intended plans than he, and the events failed in their aim without some advice I was going to offer.  Now this guy had attended Catholic grade school, and then went on through the local high school , then on to seminary where he discerned out. God brought this to my mind at adoration and told me that this man had treated me badly because he was poorly formed in Godliness. Basically that he had issues of relating with people that he had learned in his schooling that were a brokenness.

So as it was, one of my sons was rooming with this man for a time. I casually brought up the issue with my son and asked Him about the broken way this guy sometimes related with people. He told me that the guy was very frustrated with himself and that he was aware that his schooling was the source of some bad habits of relating with people.

So what God had also related to me, was that He valued people that knew Him and followed His ways, far more than their formal education in the 3 "R,s".  My job was to "first do no harm" in educating my children because they are only useful to Him if they keep His commandments and follow after Him.  There was a sense that what He wanted was a witness to faith, and this was our mission. Not that His grace wasn't sufficient if His will was for us to put them in a "regular" school.  Some people will do fine in a conventional school if they are centered on Him. After all, I went to mostly public schools. It was more to the idea that home schooling was His plan for our family.  Some of us might be called to be salt and light while attending formal schools and some are called to be separate, or set aside, for His purposes.

That being said, it is my opinion that there are profound errors taught in many Catholic schools both in content and in style of teaching. Then there is the wreckage of  pervasive moral relativism, consumerism, fanatic sport participation, etc, that infect many families. So to put my children in a morally polluted atmosphere, even if the catholic school was somewhat O.K. , would seem cruel punishment to them. Not to mention the destruction of innocence.  The only damage I have seen so far in my own children's thinking,  is the result of their time in university.  I am doing my best to mitigate such damage and try to trust God's graces

I am now seeing some fruit from our efforts. 2 of my sons have a heart for God and are actively working full time in evangelism. We are working to build a business, that God gave us, to eventually fund a foundation to pay salaries for laypersons to work full time in evangelism.  The business is growing so fast, I feel that I grabbed onto a speeding locomotive. Trusting in God is always an adventure.