Possessing the dead
(02-23-2016, 02:33 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Well looks like a zombie invasion could technically be possible.... There goes my good night of rest. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you life the holiness that God calls you to then you would have nothing to fear from that.

(02-24-2016, 01:04 AM)Poche Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 02:33 AM)DeoDuce Wrote: Well looks like a zombie invasion could technically be possible.... There goes my good night of rest. 

If you life the holiness that God calls you to then you would have nothing to fear from that.

Of course I wasn't serious. I'm most defiantly not losing sleep over something as silly as that

It seems that this forum topic has been consigned to the grave (well, archives.)

Orrite, Ms Voxment, you determine that there will be no public discussion or disputes of peculiarly "philosophical or theological" matters conveniently accessible to a "casual viewer".

T' Googlio Monster and his ideological lackeys, and B'nai B'rith, will most likely give you a medal for services rendered and, perhaps, a fat stipend to help feed you and Marta. But I have completely lost interest.

Completely unreasonable "talk-fests" dominated by ignorant idiots are a "turn-on-the-telly" away from most unfortunate "commonplace people". I said long, long ago "anyone that is considered "normal" these days has very serious comprehension problems".

Anyhow, Ms Voxment, perhaps you will find backers for an "apparently Catholic" gossip column.
(03-10-2016, 10:47 AM)Oldavid Wrote: It seems that this forum topic has been consigned to the grave (well, archives.)

Orrite, Ms Voxment, you determine that there will be no public discussion or disputes of peculiarly "philosophical or theological" matters conveniently accessible to a "casual viewer".

T' Googlio Monster and his ideological lackeys, and B'nai B'rith, will most likely give you a medal for services rendered and, perhaps, a fat stipend to help feed you and Marta. But I have completely lost interest.

Completely unreasonable "talk-fests" dominated by ignorant idiots are a "turn-on-the-telly" away from most unfortunate "commonplace people". I said long, long ago "anyone that is considered "normal" these days has very serious comprehension problems".

Anyhow, Ms Voxment, perhaps you will find backers for an "apparently Catholic" gossip column.

Oldavid, she didn't banish them to the outer darkness. We can still discuss theological questions, she just relocated them to the "Catholicism" forum so that they wouldn't be overlooked by more "casual" posters and such who don't typically look in the other subforums much. I admit its very different and it will take some getting used to but this isn't the sort of thing to get snippy about. Its not like we can't still respond to posts in these forums.

If you haven't noticed, it was Vox who built this forum in the first place. She certainly isn't an enemy of Catholicism or the Antichrist for re-sorting her own forum. I love you both but I think that post was quite uncharitable of you. Its one thing to say "I disagree with the way vox handled this for reasons a, b, and c" its completely different to call her names and resort to snarly remarks.
Good on you, Dominicus.

You're a champion. But I retract nothing.

It's a gossip column.
What is described is apparitions. Probably not a physical body. While living, one cannot separate the body from the spirit, or soul. It is death only that brings about physical/spirit separation. So, Angels can and do appear to us. They do seem to have the appearance of physical substance. It seems a mystery, but we are supposed to be more mystical as adopted children of God,  than physical. So the more we become like Christ the more our physical body becomes mystical in it's nature. So in the Roman rite, we have some who receive the stigmata, a seemingly real set of wounds that have all the physical attributes like pain and bleeding, yet usually give off a perfume kind of odor, and mysteriously never heal nor get infected.  Whereas in the Eastern rite, saintly people have been able to bi-locate. The only exception to this to my knowledge is Padre Pio. Who had/did both.

The Holy Eucharist has the same qualities. It has a physical appearance and substance yet is mystically and physically the blood and body of Christ. I have personally witnessed a Eucharistic miracle. In my mind it is not so much a miracle but a physical and mystical manifestation of the reality of Christ.

Our enemy can do much of the same, but here again, I always remember that it is a liar and a fraud. Although the worm can cause physical manifestations, like assaulting someone physically, or causing apparent inexplicable physical events, it can only do this when allowed by God.  To the un-Godly  it is a frightening thing. Those who reject the idea of being created in the image and likeness of God cannot reconcile or believe in a mystical reality. It is funny how many of them claim to "believe"  in the existence of ghosts. Seems like they are simply running away from an intrinsic subconscious or suppressed  thought that resides in the depths of their heart. It is good that God heals us through faith. Healing is another mystical event intended to witness to the reality of god. Pretty hard to argue about this when someone is raised from the dead.