6 Habits That Wreck Your Teeth
(03-18-2016, 07:13 AM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 11:59 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 09:05 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 12:55 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 08:43 PM)Sir Charles Napier Wrote: Meth didn't make the list?

On a semi-humorous note, googling pictures of "meth mouth" is a guaranteed way to convince defiant children to brush their teeth.

But will it prevent them from using meth? ??? :O

I hope. Showing pics of leprosy or leishmaniasis also works for getting stubborn kids to take a bath. Funny story behing that one...

I showed trypophobia pics once to get my 6 year old in the tub, and while it worked, he woke up screaming at 1 AM. Bad idea.

I suppose if you want, one could add alcohol to this list too, if one wants to include drugs. I used to work in ERs for many years. You could tell the hard liquor drinkers; they had no front teeth and not from getting them knocked out, there was this round hole, like a bottle top.

As for disgusting pics, well I've seen my share of the real things and touched and manipulated them...with bare hands, before we all got access to gloves. Hard to phase me anymore. That's personally, kinda sad, really.

As for showing children, well, I never even thought of subjecting a little one to such horror. They get enough just from what is snuck in on TV and movies.

Alcohol can do that much damage?  Wow.

Imagine the position of one with a bottle of hard liquor, guzzling it down...that sort of like a child suckling a nipple on a bottle. Then the round opening of a liquor bottle and where it would be positioned in front of the mouth and teeth. I've observed hard core hard liquor drinkers with eroded and missing teeth, like a hole through the area. Ghastly, but rare and quite the extreme.
Yes, as I get older, I hear a lot of precautions from the dentist. No sports drinks, soda or citrus acid, which I drink a lot of, right before brushing your teeth. Though I started using a Sonic, I haven't had the motivation to brush 3 times a day. So my teeth are doomed to become poorer in condition. Lord make me willing to take the pains, and I shall remain undefiled.